• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Nobody likes me for reasons I don't see

LostSoul99

LostSoul99

This sums up my life too Arkansastraveler. Being alone at home with kids and no friends is so tough. People are so busy and some are selfish it is hard for me not to take it personally. I question myself all the time too. There are a lot of good suggestions here...can you help me wake up my sleeping hero?

Schwarzen

Schwarzen

Beyond any personal issues that may push away people I just want to say that you don't really make friends on the Internet or just randomly on the street.

Almost every meaningful friendship will come from some sort of mutual activity or interest and even then most of those are formed early in life, so if you had few or none growing up then you don't have those legacy relationships.

The only real way is to find activities that are somehow social and participate. Also, social anxiety may make it very difficult for you to obviously be social and seek out those new experiences and activities, compounding the problem.

Of course your issues may make this a difficult process but it's honestly the only real way to make friends.

V

Vegan_veggie

W
Beyond any personal issues that may push away people I just want to say that you don't really make friends on the Internet or just randomly on the street.

Almost every meaningful friendship will come from some sort of mutual activity or interest and even then most of those are formed early in life, so if you had few or none growing up then you don't have those legacy relationships.

The only real way is to find activities that are somehow social and participate. Also, social anxiety may make it very difficult for you to obviously be social and seek out those new experiences and activities, compounding the problem.

Of course your issues may make this a difficult process but it's honestly the only real way to make friends.
What sort of mutual activity are you talking about? Either you’re lucky and are set up for life or you’re not in varying degrees and end up dead or thereabouts. Haggling for air it seems or hyperventilating when there’s too much. Hahahaha

E

eadIVAND

I share the same feeling with you! In my case, I try to be friendly, but many people seem to ignore me. It's kinda embarrassing in group conversations when other people tend to be interested in talking to my friend or my co-worker but do not look at me as if I disappeared! That's was so weird and so sad.

B

Blues47

Similar story though I kind of know the root cause but can't talk about it. I feel bad most for my aging parents who try to be supportive but have come to some wrong conclusions about why my life turned out as it did. I've actually considered asking one of the many people who have turned on me over the years to call my dad and just explain to him what's wrong with me so he understands I'm not delusional.