• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

No wonder ppl commit suicide

N

Nutter_09

:mad:

I have been pushed from pillar to post and back again. I have depression (and possibly Bipolar) and feel so unsupported from everyone. Why Why Why??
If you have a broken leg, tumour etc you get treatment quickly and are given lots of support - so why is it we seem to not be priority??
Mt GP said that he can only channel me to the right people and in his words the help is "crap!!" Great help.

I have had 1 assesment for councelling, and am now on a waiting list, 3 months later. I got so mad one day, a friend took me to the doctors, to be told i couldnt be deen - go to the walk-in, the sent me to A & E and was waiting for 5 hours for the on call Phyc, only to be told to go to my doctor and get signed off work!!
I have an assesment due in the next few weeks for some psycologist (???) and was recommended some open door councelling. I called and they were great - fantastic actually. The lady on the phone remembered my name etc when I called back to make an app.
So i go along today - and guess what - "I dont have anything in out diary, are you sure it was today?"
WTF - Yes i have the right day - Will someone PLEASE help me. After becoming hysterical, someone took pity on me and had a brief chat.
On top of that, I was also "lured" into work for a cuppa and cake, to me put in a meeting with the manager and told some ctrap i didn't understand, i think it was something to do with my sick pay bla bla bla and basically "Don't be shocked when you open your pay slip!!!" GREAT

What are people supposed to do with no support. Family, friends and employers don't fully understand what we are going thru and I am desperate to get help and get back to "normal"

AAAUUUGHHHHHHHHHHH

Thats my rant over for today.......

Last edited:
M

mad as a hatter

i know how ur feelin had same problems with mh services for yrs it.s like hitting ur head off a brick wall at times it,s only now i,m gettin some help but things had 2 get really bad 1st just spent 3 months in hospital it,s a joke really but all i can say is hang on in there and i,m sure the help will come keep goin 2 ur gp and tell them how bad things r for u

icetsunami

icetsunami

Founding Member
I once had a psychiatrist who said 'what do you want me to do?' and told my wife to leave me! Luckily my subsequent 2 have been excellent.

unlucky

unlucky

Founding Member
Haha ice I think I had the same one!! My last one asked me the same and told me to go for hypnotherapy or massage or group therapy!! I wanted to say 'you're supposed to be the professional, you tell me'. As it was he just upped my meds!!

J

jamesdean

The thing is we are normal the profesional suffer with mh you would the way that they carry on.

O

Outrider

Didn't think you suffered from mental health :p although I guess there's no such thing as a completely sound mind, the world we live in.

bupanishad2012

bupanishad2012

Suicide

"Suicide is the one option that takes away all options." --- I said that! Being once very suicidal and self-harming generally, I know now that suicide is NOT the way to go!