• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

No where to go

P

princesscici8

So I've really have been trying for years to get help for my mental disorders, my doctor can't increase my meds cause I need to get psychiatric help and get evaluated from them but my insurance doesnt cover mental health counseling so I really dont know where to go to get help. Like I've been having breakdowns nonstop for weeks and I just dont have anyone to go to. I just help and someone listen.

Can yall recommend some things that can help with these breakdowns since my help options are slim?

Catty5

Catty5

:welcome:
Have you ever called “211” or “county mental health” to check if any service is available for you?

I

indigo6

Hello there, welcome. What is your condition ?

P

princesscici8

:welcome:
Have you ever called “211” or “county mental health” to check if any service is available for you?
I haven't tried that. Do you think I need my insurance for it?

Catty5

Catty5

I haven't tried that. Do you think I need my insurance for it?
I’m a mental healthcare professional in CA (off work due to depression now :sorry: ) I know the system here but not your state. Please just call them by dialing “211” that’s the information line Social Service provides. You may have to wait for a while but they are so resourceful. They are free of charge, and nice usually. “County mental health line” is free of charge too. You can google their number.
Aren’t you eligible for Medical?

B

brendoncrunchy

I would suggest reading forums on here that relate to what your feeling. If you feel depressed read a depression forum and see what other people do. If you're feeling anxiety read an anxiety forum and see what they're doing, stick to reading and helping yourself first if you come across something that you can help with then help but stick to reading and helping yourself first.