• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

no sex drive with citalopram

S

sunny71

hi there
im on citalopram from 20mg down to 10mg. i feel great on it,no side effects except at the beginning,the only problem is my sex drive is zero.:((im trying the herbal stuff you can get to see if that makes any difference. Such a shame because other than that i cant fault the drug.
thanks
sunny71

SimonB

SimonB

mmm that is a problem on citalopram....I have no concept of sex anymore!

J

jamesdean

my bf says that hes no sez(I'll leave that has z) drive but then I seen him crusing some other guy at the health centre yesterday,mmmmmmmmmmmmm human nature, at least I dont have to practice that stupid tantric sex anymore ! haha hehe

J

jamesdean

I forget to say hes on this med. I'm not trying to be flipent JD

starflower

starflower

Not a problem for me!!

I've not had this problem with citralapam and I take 40mgs a day. Maybe for me It's just the lack of opportunities !!! :(

trombone_babe

trombone_babe

I was on 60 mg but I didn't really notice any change in sex drive, just my level of satisfaction if you know what I mean. And I didn't realise how much until I came off them!

Last edited:
T

twinklingstar

Since being on 40 sex drive is better than it was but it all feels a bit numb down there if ya know what i mean my brain is saying do it my body is saying nah just go to sleep other than that i cant fault this drug its amazing :)

SimonB

SimonB

Oh dear...looking at this thread evryone seems to be ok on the sex front....JD if my boyfriend was cruising at the swimming baths he'd of been in it...lol.

I stopped taking them for a month....I felt good so I stopped...and yup the sex drive returned!

C

CrashtestMummy

Am on 15mg of escitlopram and its better than anything else I have been on at least thing are beinging to reawaken Mitazapine was horrendous !!