• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

no relationship and can’t get a girlfriend due to being socially awkward

M

markn1996

Hello and welcome to the forum. It is so difficult to meet people when we are socially anxious. I hope you do not mind me saying this but please go to your doctor and describe the physical symptoms you have. I am no expert but you may have a urine infection and you will need antibiotics. You must not ignore pain.
yes i been to like 3 docs past couple of years they couldn’t find anything. as well as the other symptoms i described, strange right? even my first doctor was smart enough because all of these other doctors say masturbating is healthy (which is false) told me not to do it and take a walk or something, and to cut caffeine which i didn’t do cause i can’t go without caffeine.

jajingna

jajingna

masturbating is healthy (which is false)
Wouldn't that depend how often? I mean it can be good for relieving stress, and I've heard it helps self-esteem, but I guess other theories exist regarding the benefits or detriments.

N

Nukelavee

I must say, I'm super impressed you took the step of community college to meet people. That's kinda awesome, dude.

M

markn1996

I must say, I'm super impressed you took the step of community college to meet people. That's kinda awesome, dude.
yeah, work is pretty hard but college isn’t for everybody but i have to make it to be, cause i don’t want to be stuck working in a chemical plant for the rest of my life with my supervisor there that is mental, which also sucks. bad enough i am socially awkward but i have to deal with that crap. and its not the typical “my boss is an asshole type” this woman is WAY OVER THE TOP. she insults me and be littles me every chance she gets. but i dont want to leave it cause its an easy job and its pretty rare for me to find that.

M

markn1996

Wouldn't that depend how often? I mean it can be good for relieving stress, and I've heard it helps self-esteem, but I guess other theories exist regarding the benefits or detriments.
yeah, but if you do it at a young age like i did you will become addicted then that will screw you up. even athletes i read are not recommended to do it before they do a game.

M

markn1996

I might have missed something but have you tried online dating? Sites like Plenty of Fish are free:

yeah i tried them all. not interested in online dating sites. and most of the women are unattractive on every one of those sites (which is ironic) because of their high standards that they all have like “if you are not 6 foot tall don’t even bother” really dumb.

OCDguy

OCDguy

A lot of our self-esteem issues can relate to the perception we have of ourselves (we can be our worse critics). There are some basic things we can do to put ourselves out there (e.g. dress tidily in clothes that make us feel good about ourselves, make a consious effort in our appearance etc.). Pay attention around us, and we will more than likely pick up on who is noticing us etc. Other things to do are get involved in activities/clubs/groups even on-line ones that are of special interest to us. We may also have strong views on things, seek others' who share those views, again on-line could be a possibility. We may even find the person we are looking for through a friend of a friend. The more we are able to express ourselves, the more possibilities there are. Another very important thing is self-esteem. Make a list of all the areas in our lives we aren't currently happy with, and take steps/form a plan to turn it around. Taking positive steps, often leads to positive changes, and the taller we can stand within ourselves, the more likely we are to be noticed. As we grow and develop and become more self-aware, we may well find connecting just comes naturally as we know we have value and can add value in ways others' can't. Hope this helps :)

M

markn1996

A lot of our self-esteem issues can relate to the perception we have of ourselves (we can be our worse critics). There are some basic things we can do to put ourselves out there (e.g. dress tidily in clothes that make us feel good about ourselves, make a consious effort in our appearance etc.). Pay attention around us, and we will more than likely pick up on who is noticing us etc. Other things to do are get involved in activities/clubs/groups even on-line ones that are of special interest to us. We may also have strong views on things, seek others' who share those views, again on-line could be a possibility. We may even find the person we are looking for through a friend of a friend. The more we are able to express ourselves, the more possibilities there are. Another very important thing is self-esteem. Make a list of all the areas in our lives we aren't currently happy with, and take steps/form a plan to turn it around. Taking positive steps, often leads to positive changes, and the taller we can stand within ourselves, the more likely we are to be noticed. As we grow and develop and become more self-aware, we may well find connecting just comes naturally as we know we have value and can add value in ways others' can't. Hope this helps :)
i wear decent clothes, put on some cologne, add hair product. only thing i am not is in shape which is hard to control with my shitty diet. i drink too much soda and caffeine, because theres no good alternatives for anything carbonated out there. sparkling water is not that great.

but i don’t have the motivation for gym cause A. don’t like working out with other people.
B. would rather save my time and money by just doing simple pushups at home.

but by the time i get home i eat too much and i get lethargic and tired all i do is want to sleep waking up as early as 6 in the morning. and i have high cholesterol and elevated liver enzymes which i was supposed to control but i didn’t listen to my doctor cause im stupid.

but yeah, i wish women were more open to approach me on the streets but that will never happen so might as well just give up on this point.

OCDguy

OCDguy

Everyone thinks they have to be the "ideal" shape. The real reality is some go for skinny, some go for tall, some go for overweight, some go for short and anything in between. The issue tends to be our self-consious thoughts of ourself... That is why taking pride in our appearance is enough, and being alert as to who is approachable ;) Your health is important, you should take it and your Doctor's advice seriously. Also important is your self-esteem and that will be reflected in how you present yourself. Make a list of what you need to become confident in yourself, and go about taking positive steps to achieve it. There are many inspirational videos on YouTube, you could do a lot worse than look at them for ideas on how to become the best version of yourself and achieving all you want in life. Hope this helps :)

M

markn1996

Everyone thinks they have to be the "ideal" shape. The real reality is some go for skinny, some go for tall, some go for overweight, some go for short and anything in between. The issue tends to be our self-consious thoughts of ourself... That is why taking pride in our appearance is enough, and being alert as to who is approachable ;) Your health is important, you should take it and your Doctor's advice seriously. Also important is your self-esteem and that will be reflected in how you present yourself. Make a list of what you need to become confident in yourself, and go about taking positive steps to achieve it. There are many inspirational videos on YouTube, you could do a lot worse than look at them for ideas on how to become the best version of yourself and achieving all you want in life. Hope this helps :)
what type of videos?