• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

no relationship and can’t get a girlfriend due to being socially awkward

M

markn1996

it just makes me depressed and a little suicidal.

to start off with, i work in a chemical plant so theres no opportunities whatsoever there and none of the workers are even my type anyways. so i started a community college thinking i was going to chat with some girls - nothing happened there. because nobody really bothers to start any conversation with one another and my class has only 11 students now (with the covid going on) and it just plain sucks. being my first time in college, wasn’t what i was really expecting at all.

and i don’t even want to go outside or in stores anymore because i don’t want to see any couples no more cause i wish i was that guy who was in a relationship with his hot girl. don’t know if i should actually seek therapy with my situation because that costs alot.

SicklyBloom

SicklyBloom

it just makes me depressed and a little suicidal.

to start off with, i work in a chemical plant so theres no opportunities whatsoever there and none of the workers are even my type anyways. so i started a community college thinking i was going to chat with some girls - nothing happened there. because nobody really bothers to start any conversation with one another and my class has only 11 students now (with the covid going on) and it just plain sucks. being my first time in college, wasn’t what i was really expecting at all.

and i don’t even want to go outside or in stores anymore because i don’t want to see any couples no more cause i wish i was that guy who was in a relationship with his hot girl. don’t know if i should actually seek therapy with my situation because that costs alot.
I know exactly how you feel because the same thing happened to me while at the park. It was like the twilight zone because I encountered three couples at once. This took place on a hill that had benches on it and I honestly wanted disappear right then and there. It makes you feel out of place and you wonder what you're doing wrong. Also, remember that not all people that are together are happy because looks can be deceiving.

M

markn1996

I know exactly how you feel because the same thing happened to me while at the park. It was like the twilight zone because I encountered three couples at once. This took place on a hill that had benches on it and I honestly to roll off it. It makes you feel out of place and you wonder what you're doing wrong. Also, remember that not all people that are together are happy because looks are deceiving.
well atleast i am getting some quality answers. i got to say this site is way better than nofap forums or reddit (which will just delete my threads)

anyway i can increase my chances with knowing any girls at my college? im not interested in any of the clubs and besides i don’t think it would fit my schedule. im guessing i just wait and see until this covid crap and social distancing ends?

SicklyBloom

SicklyBloom

well atleast i am getting some quality answers. i got to say this site is way better than nofap or reddit (which will just delete my threads)

anyway i can increase my chances with knowing any girls at my college? im not interested in any of the clubs and besides i don’t think it would fit my schedule. im guessing i just wait and see until this covid crap and social distancing ends?
Good choice, don't go on reddit. I struggle with anxiety as well so I recommend just using non-verbal communication. I know the internet isn't the best place to meet people but it'll do for now. I'm going through the same thing and I've learned that patience can be rewarding. I wish I knew other ways of meeting people, but I'm just as stumped as you.

wraziel

wraziel

I'm in the other side. I can get a girlfriend and be functional and all but... Puts me bad, I can lost control of my impulses because feels become too much intense. So I avoid to get a relationship for my security and people around me. Last disappoiment of girl that I liked, tooks me 3-4 years to recover my emotional control. Even I cant use those apps for 1 night date. I'm f$#"ed AF

M

markn1996

does anyone also know if there is a link with chronic masturbating and social awkwardness? which is why i was on nofap forums before this to see if i could get help with my masturbating thats just too hard to quit. i have gotten side effects like lower back pain, testicle pain, anal pain, burning pain when i urinate and i don’t think none of it is a considence cause everytime i stop for a couple of days (although they do not diminish) it gets better.

M

markn1996

I'm in the other side. I can get a girlfriend and be functional and all but... Puts me bad, I can lost control of my impulses because feels become too much intense. So I avoid to get a relationship for my security and people around me. Last disappoiment of girl that I liked, tooks me 3-4 years to recover my emotional control. Even I cant use those apps for 1 night date. I'm f$#"ed AF
they say apps like “tinder” is good for people with it but im still too shy and scared. and people on dating sites usually have problems with themselves so i would like very much to avoid that. and none of them i am really attracted to.

wraziel

wraziel

does anyone also know if there is a link with chronic masturbating and social awkwardness? which is why i was on nofap forums before this to see if i could get help with my masturbating thats just too hard to quit. i have gotten side effects like lower back pain, testicle pain, anal pain, burning pain when i urinate and i don’t think none of it is a considence cause everytime i stop for a couple of days (although they do not diminish) it gets better.
Just stop. But no count the time. Never count the time. I think compulsive sexual behaviours is just for avoid the bad things that we have. Now I'm here... bitterness and sadness are draining me but I try to fall in compulsive behaviours.

jajingna

jajingna

Might get easier to meet people next year? You're still young anyway, not sure that's any comfort, just something us older guys say cause we miss being younger.

M

ManDss

Keep trying, thats the only answer. Try to cope, and stay ur stuff steady. U from 1996 ? Still young. With time more oportubities come. And maybe look in online dating.

M

markn1996

Keep trying, thats the only answer. Try to cope, and stay ur stuff steady. U from 1996 ? Still young. With time more oportubities come. And maybe look in online dating.
can’t keep trying when theres no where to try. i don’t drink cause it’s against my religion so i can’t go to bars ect.

M

markn1996

only way i can really see is cold approaching like in a mall or park, but then i have no social skills so theres no point of even talking about that. i just wish i had actual friends to maybe hook me up or introduce me to someone. everyone i talk to at work are a bad influence on me cause all they are all kinda low class and most of them do drugs.

bpd2020

bpd2020

Hello and welcome to the forum. It is so difficult to meet people when we are socially anxious. I hope you do not mind me saying this but please go to your doctor and describe the physical symptoms you have. I am no expert but you may have a urine infection and you will need antibiotics. You must not ignore pain.

M

ManDss

can’t keep trying when theres no where to try. i don’t drink cause it’s against my religion so i can’t go to bars ect.
Maybe find groups of ur same religion. Online dating groups for people of ur religion too.

M

markn1996

Maybe find groups of ur same religion. Online dating groups for people of ur religion too.
im muslim but i don’t like my own type cause they are too strict about everything. i would have to get married for that, theres no such things as girlfriends for them but for me i could careless because im not gonna rush into marriage.