NO psychiatric intensive care beds for women so they’re sent to Yorkshire instead

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
It is & always has been a postcode lottery anyway. As well as part popularity contest - in presenting the 'right' symptoms & conformity to the system to get treatment/attention.
i'd think not conforming to the system gives you more help and gets more spent on you, the good shepherd pays more attention to the sheep that leaves the fold than the sheep that stays in the fold

If you take meds your just left, whilst if you refuse you'll get 3k a week spent on you in hospital and the aftercare after sectioning

cpuusage

cpuusage

ACCOUNT CLOSED
i'd think not conforming to the system gives you more help and gets more spent on you, the good shepherd pays more attention to the sheep that leaves the fold than the sheep that stays in the fold

If you take meds your just left, whilst if you refuse you'll get 3k a week spent on you in hospital and the aftercare after sectioning
i've not personally found that to be the case & don't think it always is.

pepecat

pepecat

i've not personally found that to be the case & don't think it always is.
No nor me. Services are so stretched that anyone not willing to 'play along' just gets left, I think. There's no slack or money in the system to chase the wandering sheep, unless they're in imminent danger to themselves or others, and then the fear of bad publicity gets things moving. But even that doesn't always do it.......

Kerome

Kerome

Not a surprise really that things are not good there. My experience was also not great, part of my original episode in 2011 was spent in Devon, I have family there, and the crisis team and psychiatrists down there were spectacularly unhelpful. It was basically "take the medication or we can't help you" and no other forms of treatment at all. After a year's wait I got access to a group therapy scheme but that was elsewhere in the country near my home at the time.

cpuusage

cpuusage

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Wow, that's 20yrs ago, how did it all pan out in Boscombe?
A guy from Bournemouth moved local to me about 3yrs after this, was part of the drug scene and told tales of a lot of heroin trade and use.
Yes, there is a lot of drugs. It's worse if anything - the problems haven't been addressed. Could go into a long discussion on some of the things that have gone on/are going on - But basically it's a dumping ground.

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
No nor me. Services are so stretched that anyone not willing to 'play along' just gets left, I think. There's no slack or money in the system to chase the wandering sheep, unless they're in imminent danger to themselves or others, and then the fear of bad publicity gets things moving. But even that doesn't always do it.......
all the money is spent on those who are high risk quite often because they're not compliant with meds, people who are deemed a risk to society and less nowadays to themselves

Theres a big difference between the 3k in hospital and the 3 hundred spent on my in the community including 1 hundred rent