• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

No personality feeling dead inside.

S

SweetBipolar

I don’t know who I am or what I want in life. I am just a depressed person. I don’t have any skills. I am terrified of people. But mostly terrified of my own view of myself. I cannot name anything good about myself. I don’t even want to live because I see no purpose. All I can think of is myself and how everything is wrong with me. I want to be liked and wanted by someone but I have nothing to offer. I have no confidence or social skills. I feel
Empty inside. Is there any cure for low self esteem? I just want to be happy. I want to connect with others. I just hate myself and doubt myself in everything I do and my existence. I feel like a waste of life.

G

goodgollymiss

I used to feel like that. Cooking helps me to feel better. You could bake cookies for a homeless shelter or your family or neighbours. My dad works in a homeless shelter and admires the kindness of people on the street. They even talk about religion with my dad

G

goodgollymiss

Not sure if you'd need a police record check to do that

E

elozane23

Find your purpose or your meaning, in that words happiness and fulfilment, something that really passionates you, that really bursts the energy in you. I found out that helping myself with a bit of passion and the right medication treatment does really good for me - that's just my method that makes me feel positive.

So said, maybe you should start to do something what you really like, simple things just as doing some sports, meditating, listening to music, anything that could really help you out and feel less stresful and tense, but in a productive way. And as goodgollymiss says, do something that simply makes you happy and feel good like cooking, reading a book or anything like that.

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
Thanks for your reply. I was diagnosed with bipolar 1 but also I think it’s BPD instead. But my doctor won’t re diagnose me. I need to go to a different doctor. I am not sure how it goes to be diagnosed but it would be good to have the right diagnosis.
As long as your treatment is working, that is the important thing. As long as you have a supportive doctor. If your doctor won't rediagnose, it is because they believe you have bipolar disorder?

S

SweetBipolar

Last edited by a moderator:
Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
Yes I meant Doctor as in my psychiatrist.
Feeling empty, when depressed, i feel nothing. Also people with bipolar disorder perhaps are so used to feeling everything when hypomanic, that when that is gone, it feels very different, very muted.

D

dewey

I don’t know who I am or what I want in life.
Normal existential problems, usually aggravated by society measuring us against certain standards, having social expectations placed on us, that we feel we cannot meet.

I don’t have any skills.
So develop skills.

I just want to be happy. I want to connect with others.
These are really admirable desires, noble one might say.

All I can think of is myself and how everything is wrong with me.
The ultimate impediment to truly connecting with another person.

Yet for someone, who truly wants to connect with others and be happy - it's hard to see that everything is wrong with you. Sounds pretty normal to me.

Empty inside. I just hate myself and doubt myself in everything I do and my existence. I feel like a waste of life.
Usually this kind of feeling is rooted in trauma or emotional abuse of some kind.
You were not made to feel valued for who you are. That is the travesty.

Let me know if you want to talk further. Hope I've helped.