• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

no ones cares any more

W

wishmaster

Founding Member
no sympathy please....
Been ill for years and taking medication, thing is, l used to see my doctor and
psychiatrist at least once a month, thing is they just dont seem to want to know me anymore, l get my repeat percr every month and for the last 4 years seen a doctor twice and my psychiatrist once....l suffer most days and sleep is a big problem, do they care anymore or am l just another nutter on the books...?.
Wishmaster PAUL

S

Starbright

Have you asked for some more help such as a support worker or nurse? Might be worth a try. :hug:

D

Dollit

I think that the brief seems to be to get you in to a state where you can cope with minimum support and leave you to it. Doesn't really help though does it. :hug:

KP1

KP1

Founding Member
If you need more support try the GP again. They mayb think you are ok if you have not seen them for a while. Have you got other support networks/social contacts to help you?:hug:

justme

justme

Founding Member
knock on the door ring the bell give em hell if you want support

blackdog

blackdog

Founding Member
I agree with Dollit sometimes it seems like we're just a drain on their resources or don't fit into NHS targets. As soon as the psychiatric team sign you over to the psychological sevices team you lose all contact with your CPN etc. Until you hit a crisis and then have to go through the whole referal process again, the system sucks. I'm being cynical again aren't I.:unsure:

M

maudikie

To wishmaster.

ou can make ana ppointment with your G.P. about every 5 months for a check up. This is probably to see that you present medication is O.K. and check for any side-effects.:)

R

ramboghettouk

Founding Member
I think psychiatrists and drs care, it's the way that care is channeled to serve the powers that be, i think a lot of it is to keep you going cheap as possible they'd gas you but hitler lost the war with similar policies, much better to use you as an example in order to get people to work long hours

As a friend put it, it's like cancer they're only interested in the people who get better

sometimes i feel like coming of the meds just to force them to do something

D

Dollit

I think you're right Rambo the doctors and psychs do care but they're not allowed to in a lot of places. I'm lucky where I live, services are excellent but in a lot of places there's no money to care.

M

maudikie

Don't cpme pff yr meds. Find ourself a hobby and it'll take your mind off the down things.:)

K

kano1544

i really dont like my psychiatrist. after seeing him for a few years now i find him unproffesional and careless. after attempts to find another psychatrist in my area i was told that one wasnt taking on new patients and couldnt afford the other because I'm only on centrelink benefits and he doesnt bulk bill. So I'm still seeing the same doctor and unless i'm suicidal or actually have a nervous breakdown doesn't seem to care what I'm going through.

M

maudikie

Kano1554

I presume that you have a G.P. with all the changes that are going on in the NHS I think you will find that the G.Ps are taking on more people with mental health problems. I think if it were me I would go and see my G.P. and talk to him about your dis-satisfaction, and perhaps he can then direct you to another source of care. If it is medication that is troubling you, he will probably deal with that himself. The newer doctors are getting more education in mental health. If you are nervous at all, or maybe forget some of the things you want to talk about, it is a good idea to write them down. It is so easy to come out of the surgery and remember something you had wanted to say. I do it myself Best wishes.
Also have you tried Rethink on your computer. You can find out a lot on there.:)

D

Dollit

I've a feeling that Kano isn't in the UK so NHS/Rethink stuff won't be applicable. If Kano tells us where he is some resourceful member might have something up their sleeve.

K

kano1544

I live in a small town called Evans Head which is located on the east coast of Australia. I have got no idea what NHS or Rethink are. sorry.

D

Dollit

The NHS is the National Health Service which assures (!) free medical treatment for all so the choice her is to opt out of that system for private care. Rethink is a mental health charity.

It's hard working with a doctor when the chemistry isn't there. But are there any mental health organizations that offer say a mentoring service or just a help line even to talk to someone?