• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

No one understands.

L

LucindaJayne

I would never wish this constant state of fear and irrational thoughts on anyone. Sometimes I feel so tired of trying to hide my true feelings, but mental illness has such a stigma, that I know I must, in order to maintain stability for my children. No one understands, unless you experience it. And there's nothing I can do or anyone can do or say to stop it from happening. I want to wake up happy and looking forward to the day ahead, instead I'm terrifed. This is no way to live. I'm going back on meds. Thanks for listening.

TheDarkPassenger

TheDarkPassenger

I don't have any children so I cannot understand what it's like for you, but I had to take care of my sisters two years ago so I can sort of understand. It must be hard for you, I hope everything goes well for you whilst on your meds. As well for your children. I hope you all are able to live happily.

S

SleepeeSam

You have to get rid of the negativity, trust me i know its very difficult and im sure a lot of us do. Im willing to help you, if you need someone to talk to im here, ive struggled for 10 years now with panic and agoraphobia. You dont have to live this way, none of us do. Please let me know if you need someone to talk to

Sarah902

Sarah902

I would never wish this constant state of fear and irrational thoughts on anyone. Sometimes I feel so tired of trying to hide my true feelings, but mental illness has such a stigma, that I know I must, in order to maintain stability for my children. No one understands, unless you experience it. And there's nothing I can do or anyone can do or say to stop it from happening. I want to wake up happy and looking forward to the day ahead, instead I'm terrifed. This is no way to live. I'm going back on meds. Thanks for listening.
I completely understand. I deal with this all the time. It can be very debilitating.

DanL15000

DanL15000

The work we put in, to appear "normal" or better yet to be "normal". People don't understand how hard it is. I was just going to write a question to those that have read my writing, do I sound "normal"? Then I thought better of it. What I sound like to others is no indication of how I feel inside.

I'm tired. I'm being pushed to go out and interact with people and my anxiety is through the roof. Starting to get weird thoughts. Getting harder to relax. More panic attacks than normal.

So how this relates to your situation, LucindaJayne, it sounds to me like you are tired as well.

I am glad you are going to go back on your medication. It's a pain to take the stuff all the time. For me, right now, I'm having an upset stomach after taking my meds. But, maybe they help even when we don't feel that much different? Who knows how bad we would feel without them.

I hope you get some good sleep, find a moment or two for yourself to recharge, and start enjoying things again.

And, don't feel bad about who you are. That's just the stuff we struggle with trying to bring you down.

C

Claudine

Hi: I am new to this site and I share your pains. I suffer with GAD and panic disorders as well. I relate to all that you are going through. People don't understand. I live with family since I lost everything and I hoped that maybe they would but I should have known better. It is so painful and humiliating to have panic attack (the worse kind) in front of family. I feel guilty once it is all over but then how can I stop this from happening. How can a family not even try to read about this mental illness. I feel so sad and lonely. So sad and lonely.