• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

No one seems to be taking COVID seriously anymore...or is it just me?

RapblasterMaster

RapblasterMaster

Was Slowturtle
Do you think this will be big history?

'The great covid pandemic of 2020'

I imagine people will be speculating about exactly where it came from, or maybe it will be widely known and accepted as an experiment gone wrong or something else crazy or sinister.
Kids have lost their education which needs to be addressed, or will they be forgotten about?
Families have lost loved ones.
The global death toll is 5.5 million with 307 million cases reported, thats a decent response.

stevie_sloth

stevie_sloth

@RapblasterMaster Yep, I think so. Isn't it every century at this time some big horrible plague thing happens?

1720 — The Plague
1820 — Cholera outbreak
1920 — Spanish flu
2020 — Covid-19

Mmmmmm!!!!!???

RapblasterMaster

RapblasterMaster

Was Slowturtle
@stevie_sloth

:scared: wow, thats some scary coincidence stevie, i'm starting to speculate quite a few things.
I reckon I should keep the ideas to meself as to not be labelled a nutter, but I'm interested to know what the future will think about this after a few generations maybe, what will they put it all down to once the panic is gone? Maybe we'll find out.
Its a bit like the interstellar movie but the dust is a big cloud of covid lol

:D

T E_90

T E_90

@RapblasterMaster Yep, I think so. Isn't it every century at this time some big horrible plague thing happens?

1720 — The Plague
1820 — Cholera outbreak
1920 — Spanish flu
2020 — Covid-19

Mmmmmm!!!!!???
These are very interesting coincidences.
It reminds me of the movie 'Knowing'.

Ghost_Owl

Ghost_Owl

Try power thesaurus Rapblaster. Power Thesaurus

Before you get too paranoid or spooked, just keep in mind we are a species with flawed brains that have a tendency to see patterns where there are none as a default. Its why people see faces and animals in clouds. Why people project human characteristics onto inanimate objects and think they have a personality. People seem to do this with cars for some reason. Or misinterpret their dogs peeing on the floor as doing so on purpose to spite them and so on. The same can be said of numbers.

Given a century measured across the entirety of the world, its not surprising a pandemic can occur with 'seeming' frequency. Its what they do, and you would think we would have learned from that history by now. Maybe have listened to the 2016 warnings of the U.K being unprepared. Seems there are similar stories across the world.

Just look after yourselves don't overthink yourself into a doom spiral.

Contramike

Contramike

Do you think this will be big history?

'The great covid pandemic of 2020'

I imagine people will be speculating about exactly where it came from, or maybe it will be widely known and accepted as an experiment gone wrong or something else crazy or sinister.
Kids have lost their education which needs to be addressed, or will they be forgotten about?
Families have lost loved ones.
The global death toll is 5.5 million with 307 million cases reported, thats a decent response.
I imagine it would be. I mean, millions of people dying and a two-year drop in the human life expectancy is enough to get a mention.

They think it came from some sort of cross-species infection in a fish market in China. If it's anything more sinister than that I would be baffled. If it's more of a nefarious intent then we might be at war or be in a dire international crisis.

It's interesting to speculate on these things. Not fun, just interesting.

Contramike

Contramike

Well, this is exactly where I differ. Why not consider those who have made research their whole lives and have no monetary gain from COVID?

I’ve given three names: Robert Malone, Kari Mulis and Mike Yeadon, they are great names to start with, can I ask why you wouldn’t believe these people?
The first two are American virologists. The third appears to be a British inti-vax conspirator.

I'm not taking any one person's advice. I'm taking advice from the WHO. The CDC in America has been pretty consistent. These are institutions that have a long standing as serious sources in medical research and advancement. I also reserve the right to challenge their findings, but I'm giving them a large latitude on what I will take as advice. If they give advice that resonates with world researchers as a whole then I will strongly consider it.

Also, please don't quote -part- of my posts when responding. It takes away from the broader message.

K

KangolRaver

Also, please don't quote -part- of my posts when responding
I’m sorry, you don’t get to choose what people type on a forum in a discussion. Perhaps request ppl read ur whole post first.

The third appears to be a British inti-vax conspirator
Mike Yeadon: Ex President and Chief Scientist of Pfizer. Left then founded and sold Novartis.

The CDC in America has been pretty consistent
I strongly disagree and it seems they are being held accountable for the opposite now.

RapblasterMaster

RapblasterMaster

Was Slowturtle
Just to be clear to everyone, I can speculate as much as I want. These are free ideas and I wont be put into any category for politics sake

90s_cat

90s_cat

Well, this is exactly where I differ. Why not consider those who have made research their whole lives and have no monetary gain from COVID?

I’ve given three names: Robert Malone, Kari Mulis and Mike Yeadon, they are great names to start with, can I ask why you wouldn’t believe these people?
Sorry to just jump in here/interrupt the conversation (I'm not entirely following it, sorry), but I'd like to share why these people are not worth believing. Robert Malone has been caught lying on numerous occasions (the biggest lies that discredit him, IMO, is that he "invented MRNA vaccines", which he only contributed 2 papers 30-some years ago that built on other peoples work, and the lies he's made about his work on other vaccines). Kary Mulis was an HIV/AIDS denier, whose work influenced South Africa's policy decisions that resulted in a devastating amount of deaths. And Mike Yeadon's nonsense has been debunked not only by scientists, but by the passing of time itself. I can give sources if you want, but I'm pretty sure this info is easily accessible on their Wikipedia pages.

Here's the thing, a handful of rogue anti-vaxxers are not a credible source. The biggest red flag about these kinds of people, to me, is that they're more invested in convincing the public than they are in convincing their own colleagues. I don't trust people who behave in this manner, it goes against the scientific method. They behave like grifters, and there is ABSOLUTELY a monetary gain in grifting people.

Opinions of organizations like WHO or CDC aside, it's not just a handful of scientists working at these organizations, the CDC alone has over 1700 scientists. I trust the educated minds of 1000+ people far greater than I do a handful of individuals, especially if those individuals have track records such as the ones you mentioned.

I should also note, I'm not interested in arguing or debating the validity of the "great names" listed here. Despite quoting a member, my reply is directed the group to give insight into why these people aren't worth anyone's time.

G

GoodvibesAmidst

@1alternative Totally agree that we are social being that restrictions fed us up and we miss the things we normally do before the pandemic. However, I believe we should face it and get real which is the said part: ACCEPTANCE! I myself have suffered a lot due to this pandemic that is why I would like to share how I am coping up because life really hits me for a longest time now and this pandemic is so so epic ( I mean feeling of "burn out") to the highest level. I would like to share how I create my self something that will calm me down whenever I feel stressed out or burnt out and hope you can also share yours so that I will learn from you more.

Contramike

Contramike

@1alternative Totally agree that we are social being that restrictions fed us up and we miss the things we normally do before the pandemic. However, I believe we should face it and get real which is the said part: ACCEPTANCE! I myself have suffered a lot due to this pandemic that is why I would like to share how I am coping up because life really hits me for a longest time now and this pandemic is so so epic ( I mean feeling of "burn out") to the highest level. I would like to share how I create my self something that will calm me down whenever I feel stressed out or burnt out and hope you can also share yours so that I will learn from you more.
That's a good point about acceptance. It's not going away any time soon. Maybe not in our lifetimes.

I just wonder if some will ever accept it for what it is and give it the attention it deserves.

Ground rules would be a great place to start. Wear masks in public and, if you can, get a vaccine once or twice a year. It's not much to ask.

As far as isolation, shutdowns or lock downs, I don't know. It'd be great to get some consistent messaging or a consensus from an organization like the WHO on things like that.

I think the sooner we accept it and change our lives accordingly the sooner we will be in a better place. At least mentally.

stevie_sloth

stevie_sloth

That's a good point about acceptance. It's not going away any time soon. Maybe not in our lifetimes.

I just wonder if some will ever accept it for what it is and give it the attention it deserves.

Ground rules would be a great place to start. Wear masks in public and, if you can, get a vaccine once or twice a year. It's not much to ask.

As far as isolation, shutdowns or lock downs, I don't know. It'd be great to get some consistent messaging or a consensus from an organization like the WHO on things like that.

I think the sooner we accept it and change our lives accordingly the sooner we will be in a better place. At least mentally.
I have kind of tried to do this to a limited extent, but unfortunately I have a few extremely large roadblocks in the way.

1. I cannot be ok with accepting that my parents can't go out and about freely ever again without risk of getting severely ill and dying? They're 73 and 74.

2. I cannot be ok with accepting that my 84 year old precious friend who is in a nursing home cannot ever leave that nursing home again despite the fact she loves shopping and going out for lunch and is able to do those things. She is medically unable to be vaccinated. For the past 3 weeks nobody has been allowed to visit the home due to Covid outbreaks, not even her family. I cannot be ok with accepting that this is how she will live out the remainder of her years.

3. I cannot be ok with accepting that at 43, I may never travel again. That I have seen all of the countries I am ever going to see and that's it? No more? That I will never see Europe or Japan? I'm too young for that to be it.

4. I cannot be ok with accepting that I have not been able to visit my hometown for over 2 years due to Covid travel restrictions and now I legally can, but it's too much of a risk (not just to me, but to my parents if I expose them), so I have not seen 90% of my friends, some of my family and the places I love in all that time, and some people I may never see again because they are in their 80s and they may die before I see them.

None of this is acceptable to me.

K

KangolRaver

Robert Malone has been caught lying on numerous occasions (the biggest lies that discredit him, IMO, is that he "invented MRNA vaccines", which he only contributed 2 papers 30-some years ago that built on other peoples work, and the lies he's made about his work on other vaccines). Kary Mulis was an HIV/AIDS denier, whose work influenced South Africa's policy decisions that resulted in a devastating amount of deaths. And Mike Yeadon's nonsense has been debunked not only by scientists, but by the passing of time itself. I can give sources if you want, but I'm pretty sure this info is easily accessible on their Wikipedia pages.
I appreciate your effort to respond. Even though I disagree with the content of the post, I will say Wikipedia as a reference is a mistake. I think you’ll find it very difficult to find a researcher, analyst, academic or scientist who would ever use Wikipedia as a reference.
I would be interested in other references for the opinions of those three people.

I do think you may be mistaking Mulis for Fauci, as it was Fauci who caused the uncountable deaths regarding HIV treatments. Fauci and HIV/AIDS is a dark rabbit hole that I implore anyone to look into, whether vaxxed or not. How this man is being listened to after what he caused is jaw dropping.

In any case, here is Mulis (the inventor of PCR test, who has stated multiple times it can’t be used to identify a virus after a certain cycle count) explaining his side of HIV’s link to AIDS. What do you think?
Mulis on HIV/AIDS