• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

no one gives a damm

Mirage

Mirage

Yesterday my doctor put me on anti depressants and my Mum and step dad have said they'll support me. Well today ive been in a really bad mood for no reason and have kinda been taking it out on others, I know I shouldnt but I cant help it. Both of them have told me off about my attitude, my stepdad said if my bad attitude carries on I can go to my dads until my attitude is better.
Ive told a couple of friends and family im suffering from depression but since then no ones really even spoke to me let alone asked me if im okay. Its not like I want people to feel sorry for me but it would just be nice to be acknowledged once in a while you know? All of this just makes me feel as if no one cares and for my family my depression is okay as long as im not bothering them.
Sorry to moan but i really needed to get it off my chest

D

DELATEXT

SAD, WHEN YOU FEEL ALONE,
MAYBE YOUR FOLKS WILL COME ROUND,
TRY TO BE NICER TO THEM AS RESPECT GOES BOTH WAYS??
MEANWHILE PEOPLE DO GIVE A DAMN OKAY

:tea:

Mirage

Mirage

I know but when I get like that its like its so hard to control myself, almost like im being forced. And when my moods get really bad or I get really upset it feels like im watching myself out of my body if that makes any sense?

C

Chuck B

Hi Mirage,
First, you are to be applauded for seeking help from your physician. I have been treated for clinical depression for twelve years after suffering unneccessarily for far too long before that without treatment.

And here's something else: DELATEXT is right - there are people who care... and there are more of them than you may realize, especially in a place like this. Why do so many of us care? Because we are or have been where you are... And not that we'd ever wish it on anyone, but it is something that has to be experienced for yourself to truly understand what it is like.

While that may not change your feelings at this moment that no one cares, please consider this: a feeling of being alone with this & other issues is actually a primary symptom of depression... And sometimes, you just have to hold onto that thought until that sense of isolation subsides along with all the other symptoms - and with continued treatment, they will subside.

Also, your parents & others may simply not know how to support you - not yet, anyway. It doesn't mean they don't care, only that perhaps they don't know how to care for someone with this disorder. If they're not speaking, it could be that they simply may not know what to say. There's still a lot of misinformation, disinformation, and just plain lack of info. among a lot of folks, and the best way to overcome that is with a little education. Your local library will likely have a number of books that could be helpful to yourself and your parents. It also might help to take one or both of them with you to your next doctor's appt. so that s/he can provide them wtih some guidance.

I'm new to this particular forum, and there is more I can share with you from my own experiences, but I suppose I've gone on long enough for now. I'll be happy to share more later if you want - but for now, I mostly wanted to reassure you that you will find many others in this & other mental health forums who do care, and that things will get better. I know, because I've been to the very bottom of this slope - and with the help of a lot of good friends, family, and doctors, it happened for me... and it can happen for you as well.
Chuck B

C

Captain-Spectacular

Well done for getting yourself onto medication. As for your family not understanding... well it's a scary thing finding out a loved one has depression, sometimes they might think anything they say or do will have an effect on you.
If it's concerning you have a talk with your mum, tell her you're not any different just because you're depressed.

Hope all goes well :)

D

DELATEXT

Hi, You've had some wonderful caring responses hope they give you encouragement and support, you're very brave and more special than you may know, good luck and good vibes

:clap::clap::clap:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K Depression Forum 13
J Depression Forum 1