• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

No motivation.

P

Prycejosh1987

It isn't good-it isn't bad. Somewhere in between. I don't want to do anything.
Just smoking tobacco, listening to music and internet. No social life. No anything. One big nothing. Going nowhere. Don't want to change anything.

Hi, I'm new here.
Where there is no change there is no progress.

B

belmo

I'm not interested in the progress. That's the thing. I don't want it. Couple of years ago I wanted a nice car. Now I don't want anything. Would like to be left alone on some lone island. I can't initiate any change. It's also thinking all the best already happened in my life and there is nothing ahead.

P

PastelKittenX

Born in Portugal, living in the UK (Norfolk)
Do you work Pastel?
I don't and I have mixed feelings about it.
On my bad days it is really hard to concentrate (I hear voices and they are loud, distracting and it causes me to go in my head/dissociate super bad). I want a job, living on benefits isn't a good thing and everyone should strive to work!
But, I want to work when I am truly ready.

I'm thinking of trying baby steps- volunteer or do a part time job. See how I get on from there and then look to be in a full time job.

B

belmo

On my bad days it is really hard to concentrate (I hear voices and they are loud, distracting and it causes me to go in my head/dissociate super bad). I want a job, living on benefits isn't a good thing and everyone should strive to work!

I'm thinking of trying baby steps- volunteer or do a part time job. See how I get on from there and then look to be in a full time job.
Thanks Pastel.

L

Lab rat

I agree. I’m out of work since March and I have no motivation to do absolutely anything. I start stuff and leave it halfway through.

fortunately, thanks to my sister I have 12 weeks work, whether that will respark my motivation is anyone’s guess

J

Justatheory

Neuroleptics destroy motivation. In countries where neuroleptics are not used, 75% of schizo people are working. In countries where they are used, only 13% are working. (WHO studies)

Why are you taking them? What are the benefits?

B

belmo

Neuroleptics destroy motivation. In countries where neuroleptics are not used, 75% of schizo people are working. In countries where they are used, only 13% are working. (WHO studies)

Why are you taking them? What are the benefits?
I'm not a doctor.

J

Justatheory

Real doctor = doctor that has evidence-based treatments. This means treatments that were tested in randomized control trials.

Chinese doctor = doctor that does not have tested treatments.

Sadly, psychiatry is chinese medicine at the moment. The neuroleptic maintainence treatment idea (giving people neuroleptics for more than 1 month, hoping that this would lower their number of relapses) has been tested in just 1 study so far, Wundering 2013 and results came out catastrophic. Psychiatry institutes from a couple of countries asked to urgently conduct more such tests giving the results. 4 such studies are in the making so far, RADAR in UK, Hamlet in the Netherlands and 2 more in Switzerland and Australia.

This kind of thing is called chinese medicine. Simply being dressed in a white coat does not make one a real doctor.

B

belmo

Real doctor = doctor that has evidence-based treatments. This means treatments that were tested in randomized control trials.

Chinese doctor = doctor that does not have tested treatments.

Sadly, psychiatry is chinese medicine at the moment. The neuroleptic maintainence treatment idea (giving people neuroleptics for more than 1 month, hoping that this would lower their number of relapses) has been tested in just 1 study so far, Wundering 2013 and results came out catastrophic. Psychiatry institutes from a couple of countries asked to urgently conduct more such tests giving the results. 4 such studies are in the making so far, RADAR in UK, Hamlet in the Netherlands and 2 more in Switzerland and Australia.

This kind of thing is called chinese medicine. Simply being dressed in a white coat does not make one a real doctor.
Ok thanks but am I supposed to say that to my psychiatrist? She's a nice lady. Tons of information but I have to take my meds and do not have a better idea.

B

belmo

The court peer mentoring service provides defendants with the opportunity to meet others who have similar difficulties, to help reduce the stress of court and show that things can improve.

We need your help if you have experience of arrest, court appearance(s), have mental ill health and/or drug/alcohol dependency issues.

Maybe I should try this voluntary position. You like it Pastel?

J

Justatheory

Ok thanks but am I supposed to say that to my psychiatrist? She's a nice lady. Tons of information but I have to take my meds and do not have a better idea.
Many chinese doctors are nice people too and honestly want to help people. Whether their treatments work and are scientifically proven is a different thing...

B

belmo

Many chinese doctors are nice people too and honestly want to help people. Whether their treatments work and are scientifically proven is a different thing...
If I knew that acupuncture would get rid off negative symptoms I would go but I doubt.