• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

No motivation.

B

belmo

It isn't good-it isn't bad. Somewhere in between. I don't want to do anything.
Just smoking tobacco, listening to music and internet. No social life. No anything. One big nothing. Going nowhere. Don't want to change anything.

Hi, I'm new here.

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
:welcome:
Unmotivated?
Or just content?
Lonely?

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
Is that due to medication or illness or something else?

It's not a nice feeling, i don't mind it for a week or so but any longer isn't good physically or mentally.

Jam1990

Jam1990

I’ve definitely been through periods where I can’t gain any motivation. I find that the only way I’ve been able to get out of that is by taking small easy steps towards something productive. Small steps build up over time and you’ll be surprised at how much you’ll accomplish. Hope you start feeling better soon!

B

belmo

I don't know what this is Tawny. Total avolition. I've been like that for a year now. Often I think I should be working but I struggle to go shopping even if I have to. Sometimes I think I just became lazy but it's just unbelievable.

B

belmo

Jam I'm gonna make a coffe and go to town buy some food. There is nothing else to do. At least I'm doing that. I'm on ESA in Support Group but I feel better now. Just problem with motivation. Maybe bit depressed. I hear voices often, but I'm used to it. I'm thinking - if I feel better, than should I stay on benefits or look quickly for work? Bit paranoid I could be accused of benefit fraud. Maybe that sounds stupid but this is what I'm affraid off. What do you think?

P

PastelKittenX

Born in Portugal, living in the UK (Norfolk)
Jam I'm gonna make a coffe and go to town buy some food. There is nothing else to do. At least I'm doing that. I'm on ESA in Support Group but I feel better now. Just problem with motivation. Maybe bit depressed. I hear voices often, but I'm used to it. I'm thinking - if I feel better, than should I stay on benefits or look quickly for work? Bit paranoid I could be accused of benefit fraud. Maybe that sounds stupid but this is what I'm affraid off. What do you think?
Why would you get accused of benefit fraud? Do you not have a diagnosis? Or letters from your psychiatrist?

B

belmo

PastelKittenX I'm just paranoid about that. The diagnosis is paranoid schizophrenia. Last year I was in mental hos because of aggressive behaviour. I spoke with psychiatrist two weeks ago. i have next telephone appointment on 25th this month. She increased the dose of Amisulpride. Last time I applied for ESA in 2016. I was homeless. I didn't have any assessment at all. Since that time I'm in Support group. There was Apocalypse coming and I was microchipped(telepathy), fighting for the world. That lasted for around three years. When I left hospital I realised how unrealistic I was, although I was still delusional in some fields. I have no will, no vigor to do anything. Couple of days ago I was excited about earning more money and was hoping to feel better every day until one day I would maybe apply for a job. But next day I woke up so depressed I was barely walking to the town. I don't know what to think about it. Very often I feel guilty that I don't work and do not contribute, but on other hand I don't think I'm ready for a job. I'm really not sure. I feel like I'm not sure of anything and just waiting for things to change. If you ask me how do I feel I would say: I'm not sure. It's really strange.

B

belmo

PastelKitten did I upset you?