No Motivation

T

Tyronez

Hi,
For a few years now I've found I've had an increasing lack on motivation and drive to do anything of any real value. I seem to see the world differently to most and recently have been genuinely curious as to what is the actual reason for life is, when most of the world's population are born, get educated, work a mundane 9-5 job, retire and be lucky if they're not then dead within 15-20 years of retiring.

For maybe 6-7 years after leaving school I had various ambitions for different careers, all of which I explored, none of which i was happy with. Since leaving my last job several years ago (IT Support) I've been a different person, that job quite literally shattered my soul.

As stated above, my view on the world has changed. Things frustrate me to no end, things such as pathetic justice systems (uk) that generally just give out slaps on criminals wrists. The inability to use up to an including lethal force to protect your home and family. Sorry if this next part offends anyone but, it genuinely leaves to speechless to think that a good few billion people on this planet think their magic sky fairy is going to magic all their problems away if they pray to him. The general state if society and how you quite literally Have to work to live, it's become an absurd realisation that in today's society, if you don't work, you basically die. Surly there has to be another way of doing this whole "life" thing?

I feel caught in a catch 22, there's no way I'm doing a job I'm not interested in due to past experienece but due to lack of ambitions, goals, dreams and general motivation, I have no idea what it is that does interest me any more. I've essentially ended up the disappointment of the family because I want to live my life differently, I want to see if there's a different way of "doing life".

By this point I've gone off topic and I honestly feel that if I went to speak to a councillor or something I'd need a 2 week long session just to scratch the surface.

RookieatBest

RookieatBest

Hi. I see you are bored with your life and feel like your life is over going at this rate. Well it's not. There's more to life. Just like you said you have to find out what it is. Go on a new path. Get out of your comfort zone, but beware of what life have to offer. Meaning be careful, be wise, and have fun. Live some more. Find some new habits, routines, activities, and avenues to get you out of your depressed/SAD mode. Go find out what else life's meaning and/or purpose is. Most importantly if you need to speak with a professional about your gloomy mood, since fairy God isn't your link, do that. Also if you feel you need medicine to boost your mood, that's ok too. Life isn't boring because there's always something money wise or freely new to do that you haven't done already. Find your motivation.

Last edited:
RookieatBest

RookieatBest

Find a job that will be fun for you no matter how many times you do it. I hope you can find happiness as long as you live even when the negative is in midst. GL GB BS!

F

foreverbeach11

Hi. Sometimes we can get in a place where we are not sure what the next step is or how can things possibly get better. I've been there . Maybe consider writing down what you think may make you happy. In order to eat and have money we have to work unless we are already wealthy and additional working is not required to survive. Have you considered what made you happy in the past? I know myself listening to everything goin on around me can really be frustrating. In those cases I try to focus on myself and how I want to live. There will always be problems around us and sometimes we just have to ignore them. Have you considered maybe going to a counselor to talk out your thoughts? Maybe a counselor can help you see the good in your life. There's hope for your future. Don't give up. Wishing you the best.

L

leahmentalhealth

Hello, I have a similar issue, I get bored very quickly and my mind just refuses to work.
I'm not interested in further work, but humans need to work to survive money wise.
What on earth do we do?