• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

No motivation

8BITPixelz

8BITPixelz

Ok so I have an exam tomorrow, but I can't study for it, I start to read a few words and end up throwing the book across the room. The thing is if I fail I will just break down.

I can't even play video games or anything else I would usually enjoy. I'm just sorta sat here listerning to music.

I don't know what to do I just wanted to share it with someone.

Thanks.

BORTU

BORTU

Hello Pixelz,

By all means share it with us, we have all been there ourselves. The words just don't mean anything. It is pre-exam tension. It is (mutter mutter) years since I last took an exam and I can still feel the tension.

Lets face it, if you do not know the subject now, then last minute swatting will not get you a pass mark.

What is the exam for? Nothing horrible like maths is it? That one always had me twitching.

Tell us how you got on. BEST OF LUCK.

8BITPixelz

8BITPixelz

Thanks. It's Geography by the way, the most pointless subject in the world. :| Which makes it even harder to make myself care about it.

Recently I have just been swamped with coursework and revision for exams. I have been kept awake at night thinking about how much I have to do and what i'm going to do. Then I sit down to do it and I can't make myself do it. Im not just being lazy though because i'm a hard worker. I suppose it's just a build of of stress. :/

doodles

doodles

Hey 8BITPixelz,

I so feel with you.
I've also got an exam tomorrow, and here I am, on the internet.

Sometimes when one is swamped in work what could help is to rigorously focus on one thing only, put on blinkers. I know you you are supposed to plan and schedule but somehow that tends to pull my mind apart in too many directions so I end up unable to get anything done. The same goes for reading when you keep contemplating how many pages you have to get through. So try to break it down, even if you think you don't have a lot of time.
Probably you are already overworked.

Hhmmh, wish I could be of more assistance.
Hang in there.

Wish you the best of luck!

S

sipos

Hey,
Hope your exams went well. If not, don't let it get you too down.

It might be worth talking to a teacher/lecturer or doctor about lack of motivation before sitting the exam. If you are depressed, you can't study properly for it and so don't do your best. This shouldn't mean you suffer as a result. If you broke your leg and couldn't study then, they would take this into account by letting you sit it later. Being depressed should be the same. If you decide to do this, I'd do it now rather than waiting for the results.

D

DELATEXT

It is very hard to be motivated when you are down,
like pushing a boulder up a mountain ??
Can you talk to your Doctor about your problem ??
How about friends can they help in any way ??

8BITPixelz

8BITPixelz

I do have a wide range of friends but I don't trust them. The doctor, I am still rather young and actually talking to someone about it is really difficult, and I have never done it. To be honest this is the only time i've ever mentioned any problem to another human.

One thing I am kinda concerned about is my constant flow of head ahces. I am addicted to caffine, but I feel I get a worse head ache after I have felt really down the day before. I guess this is normal.

At the moment I keep switching between feeling really good about myself and hating myself. I'm not bipolar lol. It's just anything can drastically change my mood. For example I just tried to make a Google account to put a piciture on my home page ;) but it didn't recognise my phone number (they verify you being human through phoning you) and I ended up violently beating my matress for a good 30 seconds. I was going to do some art coursework but now I just wanna sit here and do nothing. :/

Argghh :|

Also thanks to everyone above for being so good to me. My exam went suprisingly well, I think. So thanks for the boost guys! ^_^ Now to not get behind on everything else..

BORTU

BORTU

Hey Pixel,

You have a lot of friends here. We are faceless so you can tell us your wildest thoughts. We do not judge or criticise, we want to help. Hang in there.

B

bobkerry

hey my friend if you are facing any difficuly while studying for exam then i would suggest you to leave your study for a while and take some rest...when you will take rest then after wards try to study again and i am sure you will not face any further difficulty while studying for your exam....
believe me