• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

No motivation

J

Jisatsu

I have exams soon, one this friday actually.. then another the week after and I've done little to no revision and that thought just makes me feel even worse :(

I don't know what to do anymore.
I feel useless.

D

Deremna

When I was in college, towards the middle of my schooling, it got so hard for me to concentrate and I started failing classes for the first time in my entire life. It was extremely disheartening. I even resorted to speed at one point to get a project done because I just had no motivation to do it otherwise.

I know how hard it is. I want to go back to school again but I refuse to because there's no point in wasting money if I'm just not going to feel like doing my work.

D

DELATEXT

EXAMS

EXAMS CAN STRESS YOU OUT, BIG TIME !
SUGGEST YOU TRY REVISION IN BITE SIZE BITS, ASK A FRIEND TO REVISE WITH YOU ??
KNOW YOU'VE HAD A LOT TO DEAL WITH, BUT TRY TO DO IT ONE THING AT A TIME. GOOD LUCK.

:grouphug:

ally41

ally41

My daughter is in the middle of taking her gcse's and she like you just can't seem to get down to revising. I try to get her to do 20 minutes at a time and then we have a break. Don't worry too much, you will most likely do fine and if you don't, then you can always retake, it's not that big a deal. Failures can be really scary but they actually can teach us what we really want. What's you next step after the exams? Are you being pressured into this next step, is it something you really want? Does failing mean you wont be able to do it and is this what YOU really want? I hope you can find some peace when you identify why you're not doing it and find the motivation to pursue what you really want. Once you find that, the motivation will follow naturally. Good luck xx