• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

No more begging for love!

M

MoonShade

I am not going to beg people to love and accept me when they clearly don't care that much...I have too much self-love and self-respect to keep doing that and to keep frantically trying to avoid real and imagined abandonment.

I disabled my Facebook using the Stay Focused app on Nuclear option, which means I cannot change that and cannot uninstall the app.

I am only going to talk to the 1 or 2 people who have proved to be dependable and caring throughout this whole pandemic and everyone else in my scene can stay away...

I finally found the strength and self respect to walk away from people who do not love me because I cannot make someone love me.

Before, I would have just kept seeking reassurance, but not anymore.

Do you have any stories about dealing with the BPD trait of trying to avoid real or imagined abandonment? Is this one of your major traits? How would it manifest?

I realized that there is no such thing as abandonment as an adult, because nobody really owes me anything and it's natural for people to drift away and grow apart.

I feel free.

B

bpd2020

ACCOUNT CLOSED
This is wonderful! You have a lot of insight to have realised this and come so far. :)

JessisMe

JessisMe

I am not going to beg people to love and accept me when they clearly don't care that much...I have too much self-love and self-respect to keep doing that and to keep frantically trying to avoid real and imagined abandonment.

I disabled my Facebook using the Stay Focused app on Nuclear option, which means I cannot change that and cannot uninstall the app.

I am only going to talk to the 1 or 2 people who have proved to be dependable and caring throughout this whole pandemic and everyone else in my scene can stay away...

I finally found the strength and self respect to walk away from people who do not love me because I cannot make someone love me.

Before, I would have just kept seeking reassurance, but not anymore.

Do you have any stories about dealing with the BPD trait of trying to avoid real or imagined abandonment? Is this one of your major traits? How would it manifest?

I realized that there is no such thing as abandonment as an adult, because nobody really owes me anything and it's natural for people to drift away and grow apart.

I feel free.
Congratulations this is a tough decision to make and very hard to do. I’m sure you will only be the better for it. Kudos to you for making the hard choice and sticking with it. xo, j

M

MoonShade

Thank you both for the encouragement and validation. I am feeling sooo much better about myself and my relationships now. Facebook was just feeding my paranoid ideation and fears of abandonment!