• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

    If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

No money now benefits cancelled



Well-known member
Jan 10, 2015
i went to atm today , my bank account is empty as my benefits have been stopped,

I have not been dealing with things well over last few months ,, have missed doctors and fallen out with GP , missed DWp meetings and apparently an Atos inerview there is piles of unopened letters ,HMRC, Housing officer, rent , to many , i am not sur what to do i have some friend try to help me but they have not been able to get anyone to take me seriously ,, I am not taking my meds .. been trying hard last week to get it together now this ....its the worst time ..I cant deal with this

what can i do to sort this mess out ??
Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

Well-known member
Apr 9, 2011
Magical fairy wonderland xxxx
hi x the citisenz advise should be able to help you ,im sorry this has happened it must be very stressfull x i hope it gets sorted soon love from fairy lu xx


Well-known member
Mar 13, 2011
Hi Jeztepes

As Fairy Lu said you could contact the Citizens Advice Bureau

You can join the Benefit and Work website for free and access their free forum, for advice, they have trained professionals manning the site.

Regarding the housing officer and rent I would recommend getting advice from Shelter.
Shelter, the housing and homelessness charity - choose your location

Have you managed to open any of the letters, or asked your friends to? :hug1:

Perhaps your friends could help you find a new doctor and practice, then you could make an appointment and get them to accompany you for support. :hug1:

It can be sorted out and talking about your issues is a good step towards it.


That's great advice from Wiseowl....

If you have become very disorganised and confused it's hard to get back on top again isn't it?

It sounds like you need someone organised and methodical to sit down with you and go through it all.
The GP would probably be the best place to start so that he can verify your problems if necessary. I know that will be hard if you've fallen out with him....but you will probably need him.

Could you ask for a support worker to help you sort this mess out?

I would then talk to Shelter as suggested by Wiseowl.

You may need to take your meds if your confusion is the problem here....sorry!
I hate them too...but if your life is in complete disarray you may have to admit defeat.

You can't live like this really, can you?

english rose

Well-known member
Aug 2, 2014
Your local council should have something called 'district provisions' which you can apply for to help pay utility bills.