• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

No longer depressed when I'm psychotic

DistantOcean

DistantOcean

Now for two times, once there is no more antipsychotic medication in my body, right before and while being in a psychotic state my mood suddenly stabilizes to what I would consider 'normal'. I have been depressed for the past 3 years while being on antipsychotics but have been taking them for 8 years now. Does anyone have the same experience or knows whether this could be related? Currently on Paliperidone

JessisMe

JessisMe

I’m on paliperidone and it hasn’t been the case for me.

R

redpillar

i am on paliperidone and i am depressed too. i went off meds for some time and felt really good/stable for first 1-2 months then depression struck then i became stable again but since going on paliperidone 1.5 month later i became depressed again. it's supposed to stabilize mood but it sedates me so much that i become depressed. i want to be off it. i was on it last year too for 4-5 months and it did the same thing. sedated me and depressed me just like this time.

P

Prycejosh1987

Seek doctors advice is all i can say.