No lie in on Boxing day

F

Funnyday

My Brother has come for Christmas. He's staying with me. He has said that he wants us to get up early so that I can help him fix his car. I can see it turning into a swearing match. As he gets fuddled and stresses about his car. Rubbing off on me and winding me up.:low:

D

Dulcie

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Supply him with lots of tea while he fixes his car. If he knows more about repairs, then explain. If he starts swearing, don't retaliate. Go inside and let him get on with it. Your Brother is a guest to you house, even if he is family it does not give him the right to verbally abuse you. - I have had the same, and didn't tolerate being bad mouthed. If he gets narky, tell him to leave.

If we give bullies an inch, they will take more. Clamping down on bad behaviour can be done without raising your voice; stand firm, cross your arms and tell him what is what, or leave.

It's the only way. Don't let your brother wind you up. Stand firm. Like I had to. Perseverance will win through and I daresay a boxed ear will prove your point. Been there done that. I have zero tolerance for bullies. Make 2019 a year that works for you!

F

Funnyday

Supply him with lots of tea while he fixes his car. If he knows more about repairs, then explain. If he starts swearing, don't retaliate. Go inside and let him get on with it. Your Brother is a guest to you house, even if he is family it does not give him the right to verbally abuse you. - I have had the same, and didn't tolerate being bad mouthed. If he gets narky, tell him to leave.

If we give bullies an inch, they will take more. Clamping down on bad behaviour can be done without raising your voice; stand firm, cross your arms and tell him what is what, or leave.

It's the only way. Don't let your brother wind you up. Stand firm. Like I had to. Perseverance will win through and I daresay a boxed ear will prove your point. Been there done that. I have zero tolerance for bullies. Make 2019 a year that works for you!
Thanks for the advise. Its as if he feels entitled to look down on me. He talks to me, not in the same way as he speaks to others.

D

Dulcie

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Thanks for the advise. Its as if he feels entitled to look down on me. He talks to me, not in the same way as he speaks to others.
I had a director talk down to me in the board room; I put him in his place simply by blinking at him once and ignoring him for the rest of the meeting. Afterwards I fired him. He wasn't replaced.

I regard politeness as paramount. I've been known to walk away mid-conversation. I don't tolerate rude, manipulative people and neither should you. Once your brother gets to see your hard response, he will be less likely to trouble you again.

F

Funnyday

He couldn't fix it. So he gave up. With no crossed words between us. One thing though. My box of screwdrivers is missing. Someone must of been into my home somehow and swiped them. My brother didn't take them. Nor did my son. Its those people who are behind the voices I hear upto their dirty tricks again:curseyou:

Tired Daisy

Tired Daisy

He couldn't fix it. So he gave up. With no crossed words between us. One thing though. My box of screwdrivers is missing. Someone must of been into my home somehow and swiped them. My brother didn't take them. Nor did my son. Its those people who are behind the voices I hear upto their dirty tricks again:curseyou:
I have a whole cupboard full of tools and I can never find the ones I need when I need to use them, so for example if I needed a Philips screwdriver, all's I'd find is flat head screwdrivers and if I needed a flat head screwdriver I'd find just Philips screwdrivers, if I need a socket piece or a wrench I'd never find it and it always involves me having to pull everything out of the cupboard with things going everywhere just to find something.

I've sorted out that cupboard a few times and arranged everything in there so that I could find stuff but miraculously tools would move or become invisible when I need them which once again I have to pull everything back out.

Maybe you might have the same problem... I read somewhere about Imps that are small demons that do these kinds of things and would hide things when you need them.

D

Dulcie

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Maybe spirits of the past move items like in house because they want things kept tidy. Maybe a ghost had some OCD? Who knows. But all we can do is keep tidy and hope things don't get moved or mislaid. Maybe it's the time of the year when ghosties get up to tricks?