• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

No Labido: Driving Wife Crazy. Please Help!!!

J

JWick

My wife is convinced since I have an interest in firearms that I should have a strong labido. I recently found firearms as a hobby. I go to the shooting range often, wait in line at 6am to purchase ammo, I am on a number of firearm discussion groups and have made a number of friends that I talk to frequently about the subject.

My wife says that because I have a healthy interest in guns that I should have a strong labido. That the two are connected chemically.

I take 80mg of Prozac, 300mg of Seroquel, 70mg of Vyvanse and 10mg pills of Valium daily.

Does my healthy interest in guns and getting excited when talking about them or going shooting have anything to do with the way my medications are affecting my sex drive. Because currently my sex drive is non-existent.

Sunnyz

Sunnyz

ACCOUNT CLOSED
From a logical standpoint, wouldn't know what those two actually have in common aside the stereotype that since you're into such things, you're most likely a "manly-man''.

I'm only aware of how amphetamines make you feel, as I'm on a high dose of adderall daily–previously Vyvanse. The effects of just that one medication can vary, so I can't imagine how your body reacts from all of those medications daily.

Your wife may have little understanding of what your body goes through, therefore, you should have a serious conversation with her in a time that is appropriate–that way she can hear you out, and you can both possibly come to a middle ground.

It's reasonable why'd she'd be upset, and you, yourself worried–so try not to kill yourself about it. Both parties in marriages need to be acknowledged and understood for it to progress or flourish–do not be afraid to have that talk with her.

E

EclipticNight

I second sunnyz on this one. The best thing to do is talk with her and work it out. Try to remember that mental illness can often be poorly understood by those without it. I for instance have no concept of having clear voices speak to me so i cant imagine all the little issues that might change things. As long as you are together you should be fine.

As for guns and sex drive, this is a total shot in the dark (see what i did there?) But maybe she sees it as manly and therefor increases her libido and she assumes it would for you too? Thats a total guess based on no information, its all i could think of.

I

Iceblock

My wife is convinced since I have an interest in firearms that I should have a strong labido. I recently found firearms as a hobby. I go to the shooting range often, wait in line at 6am to purchase ammo, I am on a number of firearm discussion groups and have made a number of friends that I talk to frequently about the subject.

My wife says that because I have a healthy interest in guns that I should have a strong labido. That the two are connected chemically.

I take 80mg of Prozac, 300mg of Seroquel, 70mg of Vyvanse and 10mg pills of Valium daily.

Does my healthy interest in guns and getting excited when talking about them or going shooting have anything to do with the way my medications are affecting my sex drive. Because currently my sex drive is non-existent.
What do you mean by, "Get excited when talking about them"? Not sexual arousal, is it? If so, that would be a whole other problem.

I don't think your interest in firearms is necessarily affecting your libido, I think listening to your wife criticise your hobbies is doing that!

And may I just say, it's "Libido", not "Labido". There's no such thing as "labido". Just so you know...

If my reply seems a bit flippant, it's because your thread seems a bit flippant. If it's not meant to be, my apologies.

T

toto

There is hardly a connection. Apparently, however, as a hobby it takes you out of depression. Which is great. Just be careful not to do anything stupid in a crisis. I can't accept that treating depression involves libido-lowering pills. The very idea of missing one is depressing.:)