• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

No job, no joy, nothing. Depression is killing me.

W

Whathappenedgeez

I am not sure what to say besides the past year I've been majorly depressed. I gave Zoloft and 2 SSRIs a shot and they did not help much. I'm thinking I could try buspar. Because at this point talking and therapy is not strong enough

J

JeanPierre

This last year has been crazy.
Welcome here.
I hope you do have luck with meds.✌

P

Peppermint

Welcome to the forum. Hope things will improve for you.

L

lifecangetbetter

It's trial and error with antidepressants. Busbar is more along the lines of an augmenting agent for anxiety. Maybe you should try citalopram. It takes 4-6 weeks to work

J

JeanPierre

How's it going this afternoon.
Did you get any rest today?

T

treasurebox

What are you good at? What do you love and enjoy doing? Do it for it will bring you joy and fulfillment. Many people have pursued their passions and talents have earned and succeeded. I love writing and so I started writing and earning. What is your talent and passion? Pursue it. It will be good to you.

Create happy moments because happiness is a choice.

A

Alexander Ypsilantis

Medication is important in dealing with clinical depression, but it's not a cure by itself. You need to attack depression on all fronts-medication, exercise, diet, sleep, therapy, meditation. It takes improvements in all those areas to control clinical depression.

Challenge your doctor or Psychiatrist to work out a comprehensive program to address needs in all those areas. I think you'll be surprised how effective a broad based approach can be-and it will make your medication even more effective.

M

Marianda

Medication is important in dealing with clinical depression, but it's not a cure by itself. You need to attack depression on all fronts-medication, exercise, diet, sleep, therapy, meditation. It takes improvements in all those areas to control clinical depression.

Challenge your doctor or Psychiatrist to work out a comprehensive program to address needs in all those areas. I think you'll be surprised how effective a broad based approach can be-and it will make your medication even more effective.
Agree 100%. Having friends and socializing is also very important. It works great for me.

W

Whathappenedgeez

Only socializing I can enjoy is online. I'm to depressed and exhausted plus irritable to want friends at this point. Depression leaves you nothing but pain. I hate my life

MeAndMyDepression

MeAndMyDepression

I can attack depression on all those fronts that you mention, except for meditation. I find meditation extremely difficult for me to do. I just can't do it. We had meditation in the hospital I was admitted to (sipping different teas in a quiet, relaxing, dimmed lights atmosphere) and I hated it. I can't seem to relax.

R

RoseThorn

Do you like baking? I once read to bake a cake, decorate it with happy depression day and eat it all by yourself :) I know its not much :( I have been there and it is definitely terrible!!!

MeAndMyDepression

MeAndMyDepression

Do you like baking? I once read to bake a cake, decorate it with happy depression day and eat it all by yourself :) I know its not much :( I have been there and it is definitely terrible!!!
I don't like baking a cake, but I can get behind eating it all by myself. :)

A

Alexander Ypsilantis

I can attack depression on all those fronts that you mention, except for meditation. I find meditation extremely difficult for me to do. I just can't do it. We had meditation in the hospital I was admitted to (sipping different teas in a quiet, relaxing, dimmed lights atmosphere) and I hated it. I can't seem to relax.
Well, just try deep breathing exercises. Don't worry about anything or think about anything, just focus on the deep breathing. There are many Youtube videos which show this technique. It's a form of meditation, but the focus is on breathing itself. It works, trust me. You have to build it up over time for a couple of minutes to long periods of time. It get's me so relaxed I often want to fall off asleep (part of that is I'm usually exhausted from long working hours, it doesn't take much anymore for me to nod off).