• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

No idea what to do....

A

andymax76

Long time since I've been on here, hope everybody is OK.

Having tough times at the moment. Feeling indescribably bad. Want to sleep all the time. Feel terribly sad but unable to cry. Just lost my job in the dreaded recession, struggling to find another, glad in a way because I feel that I would be unable to work if I did find a job.

Thats as much as I can be bothered to type.

D

DELATEXT

Hi

Hi, sorry you lost your job, it's damn awful this recession,
it's terrible you've be knocked ill by it all,
I hope you can get some help from your Doctor and support from friends and family ??
Wish I could give you more constructive answers, I do wish you well and all the good vibes in the world.

:unsure::grouphug:

A

andymax76

Thankyou for your reply mate. I'm beginning to wonder if my symptoms really are depression or something else. I have depressive symptoms, like low mood and lack of concentration, but also lack of orientation and dizziness when I move my eyes and even just stand up. I feel I'm gonna faint when I am out for a walk in the park. Nothing looks 'real' as I look around my environment, it looks strange somehow, even though I know it's the same house and same park as it always was. Loud noises bother me. My life is purely an existance, nothing more. Maybe I should be thinking about getting better before looking for work, I'm in no fit shape really. But I feel guilty about my missus doing 12 hour shifts while I just zombie around the house. Can't even drive the car, feel panicky and derealized... then get calls from the jobcentre asking if I want my CV sending for a driving job! 10 years of feeling like this now. At least 15 different meds, none of which have made any impact on this thing. CPNs have visited, I've seen psychiatrists in the past too. Thrown all I can at it, but nothing works. Who can blame me for thinking I'm stuck this way forever?

But one good thing. Typing that has helped.... only half a percent, and it'll only last a short time, but it's there.

Anyone in this boat.... :grouphug:

D

DELATEXT

Boat

We're all in this boat, always bailing out the pain and grief,
we have to do our best even at our worse ??
no easy answer to this plight, no cure, just our Doctors, the meds? CBT, our own grit, the support of friends and family??
I hope others will relate their stories to you.
all the good things to you !!!!

:grouphug::grouphug: