• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

no help at all. im stuck

Zentangle

Zentangle

Hey. Im struggling at the moment. I am diagnosed with emotionally unstable borderline personality disorder 7 yrs ago im 30. Female. Was taken to a&e saturday night wanted to end my life so ended up sat waiting to be assessed by hospital psychiatric team. They came to see me but were useless. They didnt even ask me if i wanted my partner in or not. Which i wanted to speak on my own. They just disnt seem interested and wanted to get me home. I feel so let down. They said go home and contact my psychiatrist. Which i did today and ive got to wait until Wednesday afternoon to see him. But i still don't expect him to even give a shit. Ive had enough and dont no what to do x

Purple Chaos

Purple Chaos

Hi. Sorry to hear of your struggles. It must be so difficult when going through such a crappy time and not getting the support you want or need. Do you have a therapist or crisis team you can contact? If you can't get to see anyone before your appointment with your psychiatrist, is there anyone you can talk things through with?

I would stress, at your appointment, that you need more support while going through this crisis and find out what, if anything is available for you. Take any help you can get. Unfortunately, due to over-stretched services and cost-cutting many people are going without help that they so desperately need.

You can always 'talk' things through on here, if it helps.

messymoo

messymoo

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Hi I'm sorry your going through a difficult time. It is so hard when you need help and support but can't get it. I hope the psychiatrist appointment will go well and you can get more support. I went to A&E last week and had got offered nothing too it's like they just see you to tick a box but they don't care and are uninterested it's so very wrong in my opinion but I guess it's the way it is with them cutting it back a the time. Hang on in there hun and keep talking on here it helps to offload and get support here too. :hug1:

Gibson91

Gibson91

Hey. Im struggling at the moment. I am diagnosed with emotionally unstable borderline personality disorder 7 yrs ago im 30. Female. Was taken to a&e saturday night wanted to end my life so ended up sat waiting to be assessed by hospital psychiatric team. They came to see me but were useless. They didnt even ask me if i wanted my partner in or not. Which i wanted to speak on my own. They just disnt seem interested and wanted to get me home. I feel so let down. They said go home and contact my psychiatrist. Which i did today and ive got to wait until Wednesday afternoon to see him. But i still don't expect him to even give a shit. Ive had enough and dont no what to do x
So sorry Zentangle. Your experience must leave you feeling so let down :hug1: People here care xx I hope you can get through to your psychiatrist how much you're suffering right now.

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

It makes me so cross just how crap crisis teams are in situations like the one you were in.
I don't know if it's just how they are with EUPD or if they're like it with all disorders, but in my opinion, their couldn't-care-less attitude usually just makes you feel worse than before you'd spoken to them.

Whilst it's not much of a consolation, I think it's important not to take the way they treated you personally. Unfortunately crisis teams all over the country are renowned for being utterly incompetent and sometimes downright rude.

Please try to hang on in there. I notice you said you have an appointment Wednesday (tomorrow). Come back and let us know how you got on. I really hope you can be offered some help and that you start feeling better soon. x

coldwater00

coldwater00

Crisis teams are crap. They are only interested in people who are a severe risk to others. They use the fact that people are already with a MH team as an excuse not to add any support on. Their support is shit anyway though IMO, and they're incredibly patronising usually.

Sorry that wasn't much help. I understand where you are coming from though, I refuse to see them again, they have been nothing but an annoyance to me.