• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

No emotional pain, good or bad?

chesterking

chesterking

On one website, it said a lot of people use meditation to get rid of emotional pain.

Is it a good thing getting rid of emotional pain using meditation?
Well, in my case yes, because if I was planning to take my life if my loved ones passed away, isn't meditation a good thing for me in that regards. According to one website feeling grief is a good thing. I don't agree with this, for some people this is too much.
Also I had social anxiety when I use to go outside. This stopped me from going outside sometimes.

17 Ways Mindfulness Meditation Can Cause You Emotional Harm

Last edited:
chesterking

chesterking

Article above updated

SomersetScorpio

SomersetScorpio

I suppose the author of this article can only really speak for themselves.
They talk of contradiction of mindfulness, and yet surely it's a contradiction to tell other people how they are going to feel rather than letting them experience things for themselves?

I think like with anything it's a tool that can help people, but there always has to be a balance and i'm sure that it could potentially be unhelpful to people practising mindfulness.
But I don't think it's right to judge something that helps people, whatever that thing may be.