• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

No email replies makes me feel taken advantage of.

Q

qwerty1234

I have been emailing old and new friends and past lovers and have not been getting replies back. I feel taken advantage of sand taken for granted and devalued. Any tips for managing these feelings? Thank you!

Q

qwerty1234

fairytales

I keep expecting a fairytale life and or hoping for one, and not getting one and finding life boring instead.

H

Helena1

Forum Safety Team
When did you email them, I wouldn't really expect much of a response from past friends or lovers.

Q

qwerty1234

1 day to 1 week ago.
Past friends sometimes reply, it makes me sad if they don't see me as a friend anymore. I still consider them my friend.

FadeToBlack

FadeToBlack

Unfortunately acceptance and indifference is the only way to deal with lost connections with people.

I have not seen a friend for 8 years.

I am lucky that I have family close by, some people don't have that either.

Q

qwerty1234

It is so hard for a sensitive person like me to move on. People say to cut bad people out of your life, but I have to be forgiving or else I would have no friends.

Maybe except on this site :)

Q

qwerty1234

People reply to me almost every day and yet it is not enough.

Thoughts that go through my head -
I feel lonely and want more stimulation

I don't want to email them though because they don't always put thought into their replies and I don't get much out of it

It is hard to think, I am tired

FadeToBlack

FadeToBlack

It is so hard for a sensitive person like me to move on. People say to cut bad people out of your life, but I have to be forgiving or else I would have no friends.

Maybe except on this site :)
Having now been through two separate sets of friends, I have had to do it twice now. Once because I had to, once because I had no say.

It hurt the second time. I thought I'd actually met nice people, who in the main didn't do drugs. I wish I had never told them my diagnosis, but things fell apart before that anyway as I was not thinking straight and started to isolate.

I am not saying these people are bad. They might not act right sometimes, but people drift apart over time unfortunately - it doesn't always mean there has to be any bad feeling.

Forgiving people if they are not being nice to you only strings things along and damages your confidence. I am at the point now where I would rather be alone than have to go through all that again. I don't like it, but things are simpler this way.

L

lima86

Forgiving is not only way to be happy. Sometimes we need to be more strong for living a peaceful life. How can we take care of our mind? We always think others what people say. But we need to hear own self.

Last edited by a moderator:
Q

qwerty1234

Hi, thank you so, so much. I feel cared for and stood up for. I crave caring people and this is why I reach out so much. I am not sure I still would without the bpd.

It bothers me because my friends who do reply, reply with much less than I write them. Some of them do rec9procate evenly, others do not.

C

Cleopatra_

I feel your pain, loneliness is my constant companion.

Q

qwerty1234

Hi Cleopatra, it is so nice to meet you. I am always lonely... I live with my father but he is happy, so I have to go online to find people who feel as I do.

Hope you are doing ok today!! Thank you for your response, it means a lot to me.

Today I am doing a little work and have been emailing my friends less. I am feeling lonely still, but more secure, so am able to concetrate.

Meanwhile I wish I had a full on job, I do a volunteer job and I love it but I feel so different.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 3