• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

No Direction

W

wednesday addams

I have no direction in life. I am unable to do what I want. I have no motivation, even if I did I feel like I would fail. I really don't know what to do. I don't want to waste my remaining years but Im stuck and can't move. I think I have agoraphobia I know I have depression and anxiety. I want to volunteer somewhere but how do I get motivated? Maybe I should just let life pass me by. ☹️

UpnDwn1978

UpnDwn1978

Forum Guide
I used to suffer from severe agoraphobia, I couldn't even go to the store so my dad brought me my groceries and put them on my doorstep. Eventually I got help. The social service sent a support contact home to me. It was easier when I was home so we started to have meetings a couple of times each week, then, eventually, we started to go outside having a coffee at some local Cafe. This helped me get a job and I've gradually become better. I still suffer from social anxiety but it's not nearly as bad as it used to be. I find that the only way I could get over it was by getting out and be around people. Sometimes one needs a little push. Do you have any friends or family that engage in some hobbies or activities you can join? It's easier to get out if you have someone with you.

Fairy Lucretia

Fairy Lucretia

hi ,just sending you lots of love and hugs
i used to be so stuck i never left my room ,my mum would bring my food in to me and i would only leave my room to shower and toilet
now i walk my beagle every day
don't give up hope x Lu x

Sleep_Again

Sleep_Again

I'm in the same situation as you, I am absolutely terrified being anywhere outside my room and I feel like all the muscles in my body stop working and my brain gets overwhelmed in public and around new situations.

I also feel lost and don't k ow what to do, but I'm telling myself that it's okay to take my time and push myself little by little. I feel perfectly fine at least going to the gym so that's a big step in the right direction. I'm hoping I can feel better slowly going to other aces and being around people in general.

I think my advice, as stated previously, is to just take it slow. Allow yourself time to calm down after getting overwhelmed. Push yourself little by little even when you have no motivation. To me, I felt no joy in going to the gym at first but by doing it anyway I was able to slowly build the discipline required so that I do t have to wait for motivation. Hopefully I can apy it everywhere else too.

J

Justfrozen

I have no direction in life. I am unable to do what I want. I have no motivation, even if I did I feel like I would fail. I really don't know what to do. I don't want to waste my remaining years but Im stuck and can't move. I think I have agoraphobia I know I have depression and anxiety. I want to volunteer somewhere but how do I get motivated? Maybe I should just let life pass me by. ☹️
I feel the same as you. I have suffered with depression all my life. I have lost myself who I was, not really knowing who I was.

J

Justfrozen

People say find yourself. How can you when you don’t know how

J

Justfrozen

They say with your friends or interests, I literally have. None. It’s hard to believe but I don’t have one thing that I’ve done I can call an interest

S

Sarabi_Gyarados

Recovered agoraphobic myself. There is life after this condition. It's a baby steps process. Just wanted to reassure you that this is something you can overcome.