• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

No Diagnosis but ...

D

darkorchid30

Hello, I've not been diagnosed but I feel sure that I have allot of the symptoms of bipolar, though I always put my behaviour down to just hyperness. The thing is that when I am hyper, it gets too much in the end, too high, too fast etc. I can write forever, do loads, I can also get really really irritable, not violent but very volatile. The lows are very bad but I walys just thought they wre the usual ups and downs we get in life but I dont know ...

Basically, I was discharged from the mental health team last year and though I've asked to be rerefered as I was feeling down again, I got a swift no. As my mood changes really get me down and exhasut me I am seiously considering going private to see if I do indeed have bipolar (or even better, have my mind put at rest :). Does anyone know who I should see to get a diagnosis? Is it a consultant psychiatrist? I looked on the website for this private company and they charge £200. an hour for a consultant psychiatrist! And I'm on DLA ouch!!!! :scared:

Thanks for listening (or reading) any input would be very gratefuly recieved. :)

Hugs & nice thoughts

Orchidxxx

Lozzi_1004

Lozzi_1004

Hi Orchid :).

As far as I'm aware it is a psychiatrist that needs to diagnose you I'm afraid. Unfortunately it tends to be unless you're in complete crisis you won't get a referral (or so it seems where I am, and for many others too). Could you go back to your GP again, or maybe see another one?

I can sympathise with your moods getting too much for you, bipolar's a bugger of an illness!

:hug:s

keepsafe

keepsafe

Hello Orchid,

I would suggest a visit with your g.p and let them know how you are feeling now, then perhaps he or she may refer you on. It's worth going to check it out with them.

Good Luck
KS

Oh sorry Lozzi already suggested that - well it is a good option :)

Just one of those Doh!!! Days DOH

Last edited:
Lozzi_1004

Lozzi_1004

Hello Orchid,

I would suggest a visit with your g.p and let them know how you are feeling now, then perhaps he or she may refer you on. It's worth going to check it out with them.

Good Luck
KS

Oh sorry Lozzi already suggested that - well it is a good option :)

Just one of those Doh!!! Days DOH
S'quite alright KS :). It's very good advice like you say ^.^