• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

no beds in ward sorry ....

J

jekel1

im waiting for my crisis team to come at 2pm , they rang and i told them i have un controllable urges to hurt my self, she said i need to go for a walk till they come, i really r=feel bad, yesterday i even looked at funeral plans as if i cant stop this i will end it, i have bi polar one and at the moment i feel mixed. i said i need to go and stay in a phc ward and she said we will see but there are no beds, like its like i want to go there , i want to go because i cant control my urges to hurt. butlins

M

mad as a hatter

mmm usual excuse no beds we don,t phone or say these things 2 them if it,s not true well i wouldn,t like think i would ne way they simply don,t listen at times there a bit off a joke won,t be long till 2pm tho so hold on in there take care

keepsafe

keepsafe

Hey Jekel1

Surely if you are a danger to yourself and others they should admit you - please try to stay safe until the crisis team arrive - keep talking here
KS

keepsafe

keepsafe

I agree with Mad as a hatter - they simply don;t listen sometimes.

T

typicallypop

poor you. :( flaming crisis team. they should be called the very unhelpful team!
try to keep your chin up.
:hug:

guggy

guggy

It is a very weird system you've got in place there. In Spain you go to *them*.

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
Hope your okay Jekel1 and dont have to wait too long. Ive just been writing my journal about the same thing. Just over a week ago I was taken to an emergency appt and kept around for hours whilst they looked for a bed but non was available. Ive ended up spending all my time at the ACS. Its not brilliant but better than being in.

If you feel really bad get yourself down to A&E where a psych doc will be called. Not sure if that will help you get admitted but at least you will be cared for.

Take care

C

Cameron Vale

Hello Jekal 1

Hi Jekal 1,

Cameron Vale here again! The Crisis team should be called the "MERCHANT BANKER TEAM" All I can say is "Keep taking your meds!" If the Valium makes you sleepy, don't worry about it! Just do not over do you medication! What is your favourite pass time, do you like playing computer games, it does't matter what it is really! Anything to pass the time! The turnover of patients in a psychiatric hospital is quite high, so a bed should come up pretty soon.

Just keep nagging at the, "MERCHANT BANKER" team!

I will keep an eye on this web site to see if you need a little support!

Regards

Cameron Vale :)

J

jekel1

thanks guys

feeling better today after a mad manic one this morning where i kept feeling amazing , really high for like 3 hours biut i have taken muy valium, the guy said beds are problems and the only other choice is to send me far away from my home to a different town. so they come every day and call 2 times aday , i dont know if they understand how bi polar works one min your fine the next your out planning your next venture, only this morning i wanted to start my own candle making website! he said hospital isnt out of the question there just isnt any room in the inn! i feel some how like they feel i just want to go and like being ion a phcy unit is a hoilday! well it isnt and its my last resort just cause im feeling better now i know in the morning i will want to die again. i hate this bloody depression , you never know how your going to feel one day to the next.
but thnaks guys for your support xx:grouphug:

M

mad as a hatter

i know how u feel i,ve got bipolor as well when i did have the crisis team out last time they where really good with me but it took 3 times before they would help me which is not good enough i understand what the mood swings r like and the horrible depression that goes along with it ain,t nice

C

Cameron Vale

Hello Jekal 1

Listen to me! Well if they can not you in a local bed! Go for a wonder Jekel 1!

Be like a vacation!

No worries! Get yourself help and do not be scared!

Cameron Vale

Always There!!!!!!!!!!! :):)

J

jekel1

got the appointmnt

they came today and were wonderful, i have a appointment with doc to see if i need hospital .feeling okish at the mo, it will change though but thats just this horrible illness isnt it?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
N Bipolar Forum 27
T Bipolar Forum 1