• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Nightmares

V

Vegay

Hello.
Does anyone else experience frequent nightmares??
I don't sleep very well anyway but when I do get some, I normally have bad dreams that are random and vivid.
:/

D

Daringdan

I did just have a nightmare last night but I only get them occasionally. I try not to see them in the worst light. Maybe they mean something and that something I hope is helpful. You know just don't take them at face value probably. Like, it could be your brain's way of telling you that you care about something.

V

Vegay

@Daringdan I guess there is some truth in that. I had one recently about a black smack biting me, so looked up a possible meaning' and it is said that it means there could be some emotional issues that you haven't been fully acknowledging or dealing with, which I guess is pretty accurate

V

Vegay

@Taffy I guess it is a good thing that you don't see them as nightmares. I wonder what it could symbolise

N

Nukelavee

I've always had vivid, recurring dreams and nightmares. some meds can cause the effect, as well, like Mirtazapine.

As far as what dreams mean - I don't think there is a universal standard as to what any imagery may or may not mean. I feel it's all personal to us.

GhostOfLenin

GhostOfLenin

Hello.
Does anyone else experience frequent nightmares??
I don't sleep very well anyway but when I do get some, I normally have bad dreams that are random and vivid.
:/
Yup i do almost every night. Childhood trauma and my medications dont help

G

Girl interupted

I had to stop taking Pristiq because it caused horrible nightmares. Talk with your therapist about your medication.

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
I've always had vivid, recurring dreams and nightmares. some meds can cause the effect, as well, like Mirtazapine.

As far as what dreams mean - I don't think there is a universal standard as to what any imagery may or may not mean. I feel it's all personal to us.
Ive had vivid stressful screaming out loud dreams for years and read on the forum about mirtazipine which I’m on , could be causing it. So i reduced it down to 30 milligrams and this week down to 15 and so far no bad dreams . The first night on 15mg i barely slept but last night wasnt too bad. I’d like to keep it as a maintenance dose of 15mg but ill give it a few weeks to see how i manage both sleep and MH wise

N

Nukelavee

so far no bad dreams
Good stuff.

I guess I'm lucky that my dreams, while very vivid, tend to range between ones about frustration/anxiety, and nightmares.

And a ton about the beach, for some weird reason.

Pandora420

Pandora420

This is a topic I was going to post about too. I have weird, vivid, recurring nightmares/dreams every single night. Sometimes they're less of a nightmare and just something very strange that makes me feel weird when I wake up, and other times they're so evil that I wake up screaming. I'd say the screaming happens at least twice a week. My fiance frequently has to help calm me down at like 2 am. It's awful and it's a new occurence. I've always had dreams but they've never woken me up or scared me like this. I'm not on any medication either. It's very exhausting. And I ALSO dream about the beach alot. Either the beach or the mountain wilderness.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
LittleMissNameless Borderline Personality Disorder Forum 4