• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Nightmares

Louizard

Louizard

All was going great- maybe I've been feeling a little on the edge but nothing to be worried about.
Then tonight I had a dream where I had a full blown panic attack, with the following depressive episode and days of constant panic. Wasn't able to contact my therapist, was too afraid to talk about my problem because I was afraid of going back to the psych ward.
Ironically enough, this nightmare fueled an actual minor panic attack. What if I'm not actually getting better, I'm just hiding it all? This can't be true, I rationally know that I have improved so much, but now I'm very insecure about it.

I

iWILLOBTAINMENTALHEALTH3

One of my former therapists says it's "a self fulfilling prophecy." I hope you, I, and everyone else who suffers with any illness can overcome that destructive pattern. :goodluck: :loveshower::grouphug:

FlowerBox

FlowerBox

What if I'm not actually getting better, I'm just hiding it all? This can't be true, I rationally know that I have improved so much, but now I'm very insecure about it.
I relate to this so much..it helps me to read journaling I wrote months ago to really see how far I have come...Though..some things have gotten better and some things have gotten worse but I honestly feel like that is how it is meant to Be for me...
But better because I am paying attention to myself now. Pay attention to yourself...listen...know your struggles are valid, and any progress is valid..:hug1:

Louizard

Louizard

I relate to this so much..it helps me to read journaling I wrote months ago to really see how far I have come...Though..some things have gotten better and some things have gotten worse but I honestly feel like that is how it is meant to Be for me...
But better because I am paying attention to myself now. Pay attention to yourself...listen...know your struggles are valid, and any progress is valid..:hug1:
Thank you so much, also I am very glad to hear you're making progres