• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Nightime panic

L

LucindaJayne

Does anyone experience waking up in total panic mode? I use mindfulness to get to sleep. It's hard to do and take a long time, but then I wake up in full blown panic. Anyone else?

J

Jezabella

I hear you! I sometimes have panic attacks WHILE still asleep- I’ve punched and strangled my partner in the middle of the night and not known anything about it in the morning. I really struggle with sleep so I take sleeping tablets and despite HATING meds I am currently taking propanol which I try to keep one for before bed but still wake up 3/4 times a night panicking

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
I get panic attacks during the night and my partner said he always knew when the were starting as i would start kicking him. It takes ages for me to calm down for some reason they are always worse at night than during the day

L

LucindaJayne

For me its waking up startled as if I heard a loud noise, but there wasn't one. My heart beats so fast and loud, it's all I can hear. My partner has pretty much stopped sleeping with me. Mental illness takes a toll on relationships.

J

Jezabella

After I strangled my partner I decided to sleep on the sofa because I was little scared! He thought I was going off him- he’s great tho and even though I sometimes don’t see him for a whole week because I don’t want to be around his daughter when I’m down we’re coping I hope! Night panics are the worst I wouldn’t wish them on anyone and I don’t think many realise how much lack of sleep takes its toll

J

Jezabella

I get panic attacks during the night and my partner said he always knew when the were starting as i would start kicking him. It takes ages for me to calm down for some reason they are always worse at night than during the day
Is there any reason for this? I can be smashing during the day then have really bad panic ONLY at night!

daffy

daffy

Founding Member
Is there any reason for this? I can be smashing during the day then have really bad panic ONLY at night!
I dont know . All i know is i wake up because i cant breathe and my heart is racing, the only way i can get thru it is to stand by the open window as i feel thats the only way i can get air into my lungs

J

Jezabella

It’s awful isn’t it! We have been joking on I’m a domestically abusing partner but I actually really worry about it- I wanted to commit myself the first time it happened because I convinced myself I was a dangerous person! I don’t think it would be that easy mind we tried to get my dad sectioned for over 2 years and now he is in prison and still not accessing any kind of MH support!

L

lonelyclove

i always feel really scared at night, the whole night just because its dark and theres no activity. i sometims wake in panic. i always wake up miserably.. i also can be feeling pretty pleasurably during the day but when the night comes fear dawns over me