• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Night Terrors

Rebel_Rogue

Rebel_Rogue

I have recently developed night terrors. I thrash around in bed at night, kicking and screaming. I dont even dream while doing it and i am mentally consious. I just cant seem to wake up even though i can feel what my body is doing.

Any advice???

HeartOfDarkness

HeartOfDarkness

ive had night terrors on and off for years, usually when im going through episodes of stress or depression, im still clueless as to how to stop them.

jax

jax

I had awful night terrors during the summer. I was quite unwell mentally. There wasn't a week went by without one and often there were more than the one. I often was told by the person who I shared a house with that I screamed the house down and I had no memory of it. Sometimes I awoke whilst screaming and didn't have a clue what was going on. Sometimes I would be petrified. Sometimes I would just go back to bed. Funny thing is that I went into hospital during the midst of these night terrors for 3 months and I didn't have anymore night terrors. I was so worried I would wake the other patients - but nope - they strangely enough - left.
Jacqui

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
F Phobia Forum 4