• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Night terrors

C

Christobel

I am again finding it very hard to sleep. I drop off for half an hour and then remain awake most of the night. I have a recurring problem which has come back to haunt me with a vengeance. I had a very traumatic suicide attempt some time ago, and it keeps going round and round in my head at night. When I get to the end, it just starts over again.

I would ask the doctor for some sleeping tablets, but last time I used them it had a very frightening effect. I woke in the middle of the night and felt a stinging slap on my face, although there was no-one in the room. At that point I threw the sleeping tablets away.

Thanks for reading - I just had to get it off my chest.
Any advice welcome.

C

Christobel

A propos my previous post, I have got some lorazapam. Does anyone know whether these help in place of sleeping tablets?

Diesel1988

Diesel1988

I have tried lorazapam, and they have an anti anxiety effect, that may help with any anxiety or troubles you have before you go to sleep, but they are not sleeping pills. My ex used them also, and they helped with anxiety causing trouble with falling asleep. hopefully this answers the question, and is only from mine and my ex's history of using the drug. i hope it helps you fall asleep and with your nightmares.

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

ACCOUNT CLOSED
aren't they for short term use only tho?

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

ACCOUNT CLOSED
theyre a benzo, like diazepam. they will help you sleep though yeah x

catkin

catkin

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I use lorazepam on repeat but only get a limited number per month. Have you ever been on Amitryptiline? I know everyone is different but after not sleeping more than 2 hours a night for many months due to PTSD symptoms, I am now sleeping. Was prescribed specifically for PTSD and to see if could help sleep. Hope you find something that works, nighttimes can be horrific. X

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

maybe.shes.a.wildflower

ACCOUNT CLOSED
thats cause benzos should be prn! :)

C

Christobel

Thank you for your replies, they have been very helpful. I will defo look Amitryptiline on the web and ask the gp about it. I had stopped taking the lorazapam so that's why I've got a stockpile. Will try one tonight. I think they were prescribed half to be taken twice a day as required, for anxiety.