• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

night sweats???

N

Nutter_09

I have been waking up in the middle of the night (Not uncommon for me!) but recently have been covered in sweat and shaking with cold. It freaks me out a bit as it's never happened before and nothing mentioned on any meds im on.
I am getting very worried about things coming up - i should be returning to work on monday after 2 weeks of being signed off with depression.

Has anyone else had this problem and should i see my doc?

A

Apotheosis

It could be any number of things. I would raise it with the Doc & see what they say.

I get very disturbed & bizarre sleep - the medical profession don't appear to take anything I say on the subject with much concern or seriousness. I suppose they just see it as another symptom of being 'mentally ill'.

Last night I awoke in a panic & with a lot of anxiety, feeling very hot - from getting to sleep some 15 mins earlier feeling relaxed & comfortable.

The dreams were so strange last night that I have felt 'odd' all day.

A

Apotheosis

The dreams were so strange last night that I have felt 'odd' all day.
Initially I dreamt I had woken up (a common theme in my dreams) & a bright red rose was etched into the wall by the bed - then I was convinced I heard tapping on the side table & someone was talking to me; which woke me up.

I was shown around a hospital filled with stuffed animals as patients; & a mouse was showing me how to jump over these lines of objects in a certain way to travel through a wall into another dimension; before disappearing into the wall itself - I tried this & got stuck & panicked. I also met dead relatives in a new house they had built & one of them lectured me about having made the sheets unhygienic in the bed I was sleeping in because I had smelly feet - that was part of the dreams - they couldn't be more strange.

N

Nutter_09

Thanks -

I am off to see the doc today so will mention it.

invise

invise

Hey there,

Please let us know if he says anything interesting or useful. I get really weird sleeping problems too. Last night I was convinced I was awake and going about my day, only to actually awake and almost give myself a heart attack. It was racing for ages, very hot and sweating too. Couldnt sleep the rest of the night cause I was scared, silly I know.

J

jamesdean

This just reminds me I had totally forgot n I dont know how its stopped really but when I first went on to the mirtazapine but just diagnosed with diabetes n starting the insulin I used to pour with sweat, (luckily I didnt smell) but I used to be absouletly soaking wet like I had just come out of the shower n the bed clothes used to be soaked, ocassionally I might sweat in the day usually if I was in a car.

N

Nutter_09

Dreams are soo strange! I used to be obsessed with analysing them!
I spoke to him and he said it was probably due to my medication. Just hope i have enough bedding and PJ's to keep me going!!

Thanks all XxX

keepsafe

keepsafe

I'm on Mertazapine and sertraline and get really bad night sweats too.
Its not nice at all but it must be the meds, I never used to.
KS

ms_P

ms_P

Founding Member
I have been waking up in the middle of the night (Not uncommon for me!) but recently have been covered in sweat and shaking with cold. It freaks me out a bit as it's never happened before and nothing mentioned on any meds im on.
I am getting very worried about things coming up - i should be returning to work on monday after 2 weeks of being signed off with depression.

Has anyone else had this problem and should i see my doc?
Hi...you've just described a typical night for me thanks to menopause. :redface:

I'm early onset (4 years now and I'm 48). I don't know how old you are but maybe it's hormonal?

Q

quality factor

Hi, I get the most awful sweats too, they seem to come on mid afternoon and carry on well in to the night Mine begin with a sort of electric shock sensation then I sweat profusely. Many nights throughout the winter I've had to sleep on top of the duvet to cool off.
Apo mentions dreams.....I really don't know where the content of my dreams come from. They seem intense, most bizarre and very often very scarey. Some nights I sit up all night downstairs to avoid dreaming.

Hope you settle down soon.
QF.

N

Nutter_09

Mine seemed to have calmed down a bit - wil jinx it now thou!
I am 23 so Doc said very unlikely to be that!! Hope not anywayX