• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Night Panic Attacks???

N

Hi All

I don't know if this is a symptom of my BP or something else to worry about :mad:)) and my doc seems to blame everything on BPD anyway.

Since getting out of hospital 3 months ago...I have experienced what I think are panic attacks every night when getting in bed. I'm fine all day and evening, but the second I go to be they start. To make things even worse, when I turn the light off I hallucinate. I have even resorted to buying a kids nightlight......... at the age of 33..not good.

I was wondering if anyone else had experienced anything like this. I don't think it can be my meds as I have been on the same ones for well over 12 months with no changes.....

Cath xxx:grouphug:

trombone_babe

trombone_babe

Are you ok with the nightlight on? If you are, then don't worry what it seems like, childish or whatever, go with it.(y)

N

Thanx 4 replying. I'm better with the night light on.....but just unsure why they have started. I have also had a few in the day...not sure why the sudden change.

It worries me as I have been relatively okay for a while (or so I think :))....and I'm not sure if this is the start of an up or down.....don't want to go either way in particular!

J

just.me

The more you worry about it, the more likely it is to happen.

Get yourself a bedside lamp, don't just go to bed to sleep, got a bit earlier, or try a different time, read, or watch tv and fall to sleep naturally.

What is happening is you are getting into bed thinking you are going to have these things, getting yourself into such a state that you do.

If you change your routine that should help some.

Good luck.

T

*true-smile*

the bedroom was always my nightmare room, i named it the black hole it seems that other people struggle with berooms to, i believe that its when you go to bed, in the dark and silence ur alone with ur own thoughts which in my case was a very scary thing and you begin to panic at tryin to shut them away and forcing your self to sleep and to relax and your body and mind rejecting it, i think its somethin that you have to break a cycle and change completly, what i did was rearrange my room completly and make sure i kept the tv on so i wasnt in silence or darkness and could let my body and mind relax natrually without putting too much pressure on myself to do so, distracting yourself from feeling which you accosiate with that room, otherwise your probably expecting panic and fear to happen. my adive would be to break that cycle and change your routine, i now love my bed and look foward to its company every day! hope you find a sollution x

S

schizolanza

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I had sleep onset panic attacks for a while,about 6 months.My psychiatrist prescribed 5mg escitalopram and they went away.I'm so glad because the panic attacks were horrible.