• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Night Out!

prairiechick

prairiechick

ACCOUNT CLOSED
I finally did something social tonight that didn't involve my family! I've been having such a hard time making friends and getting connected since I moved back in July, so I am really proud of myself. I found a church that I think I will feel comfortable going to, and tonight they had a game night. I was the youngest person there, but it felt good to just be interacting with other people and to get a break from the constant whirring of my mind.

V

VintageRabbit

I'm proud of you and glad you had fun!
I'm in the same situation. Looking for a
Home church.....

prairiechick

prairiechick

ACCOUNT CLOSED
Thank you, both of you. I ACTUALLY had another good day today! It's amazing! I haven't felt this good since December--ACTUALLY GOOD! This is the first full day that I haven't felt weighed down by depression. I went to church this morning and DIDN'T cry. Not one single tear. I didn't even feel like I was going to cry. And I talked with people afterward and smiled REAL smiles, not fake smiles where you smile because you are supposed to smile. And then I came home and worked for a good 2 1/2 hours on my presentation that I will be doing in class on Wed. evening, and it was PRODUCTIVE. For so long my brain has been slow and my mind sluggish, but I felt like I was working at a more normal pace today and actually accomplishing something. Then I went for a walk with my mom and had supper with her, and thank God she didn't press me to talk about the memories of abuse by the babysitter, and then I came home. I actually did things today instead of sitting in my apartment feeling too depressed to get dressed or do normal, everyday things. I really, really hope this means I am on the up and up, because the last few months have been HELL.

V

VintageRabbit

I wish I could do that. I really do.
I'm just not in the right place.
I really admire you and smiled when
I read your post. That's where I
Need to be.