• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Night and day?

MoonChild84

MoonChild84

Scared and overwhelmed here too! I’m sitting in the garden today, trying to spend some more time outside. I took the dogs out for a nice long walk this morning too so this is helping. One of my dogs is a 5mo pup so this really adds to my anxiety right now. I hope we can get through this together xx

V

Vic

Scared and overwhelmed here too! I’m sitting in the garden today, trying to spend some more time outside. I took the dogs out for a nice long walk this morning too so this is helping. One of my dogs is a 5mo pup so this really adds to my anxiety right now. I hope we can get through this together xx
How was your day? For some reason I was really down today, really sad. Cried about 4 times, felt a bit hopeless. Think because I had no real plans so I just sat around with my thoughts. Yesterday was much better when I was busy all day.

daddyspader

daddyspader

It truly depends on the day, but Y E S, this happens to me all the time! It has been worse since the pandemic began, and my husband has been at home with me. I rarely get alone time. That, mixed with the pressure of feeling as though I have to be constantly busy because he is watching/judging me has me on edge all day.

MoonChild84

MoonChild84

How was your day? For some reason I was really down today, really sad. Cried about 4 times, felt a bit hopeless. Think because I had no real plans so I just sat around with my thoughts. Yesterday was much better when I was busy all day.
Yesterday was terrible! It started out OK although I was anxious and a bit irritable. Then I had a good afternoon, but for some reason I felt horrific by about 5pm, had to go to bed and have a huge cry. I felt awful for my partner having to deal with this all the time. I bucked up a bit later on but felt completely wiped out. I ended up going to be at 8pm and falling straight asleep. I had a really good night's sleep and woke up feeling actually good - better than I've been in a while. however the anxiety is creeping in slightly now! Again! How are you today? x

MoonChild84

MoonChild84

It truly depends on the day, but Y E S, this happens to me all the time! It has been worse since the pandemic began, and my husband has been at home with me. I rarely get alone time. That, mixed with the pressure of feeling as though I have to be constantly busy because he is watching/judging me has me on edge all day.
I understand this totally. It is hard being in the house all day and feeling pressure to be "normal" or "busy". I also find a real pressure to keep in touch with people more than I did before the pandemic, by video call or whatever. I never did this before, and now suddenly people seem to want to video call on a weekly basis (even though this is not how often I would ever see them in real life - maybe once every 2 months!)

V

Vic

Yesterday was terrible! It started out OK although I was anxious and a bit irritable. Then I had a good afternoon, but for some reason I felt horrific by about 5pm, had to go to bed and have a huge cry. I felt awful for my partner having to deal with this all the time. I bucked up a bit later on but felt completely wiped out. I ended up going to be at 8pm and falling straight asleep. I had a really good night's sleep and woke up feeling actually good - better than I've been in a while. however the anxiety is creeping in slightly now! Again! How are you today? x
It's awful isn't it. I've woken up terrified, skin burning, trying to work but just on the edge of giving up constantly. Have this strong urge to just run away and escape everything. Just totally overwhelmed. Trying to just get through the day! I have a therapy call tonight, I'm just hoping and praying it let's up soon because it's just so intense.

MoonChild84

MoonChild84

I'm finding it really hard to work today too. Luckily I work from home and don't need to use the phone, so I'm lucky.

Don't run away - we will get through this, even if we have to talk every day and just get through it together! It's so intense, and let up is brief. I know exactly how you feel.

I'm so glad you have therapy tonight. I'm on the waiting list for therapy, but I am going to work through some CBT exercises and listen to some audio stuff. Having my usual 7pm bath, trying to keep that routine if nothing else!

I'll DM you later on if I can find out how and see how you are xx

S

Sadoch

I totally agree, daytime is a nightmare for me, I can't eat, stressed all day. Come the evening, I am like a new person, I eat without struggling and don't feel stressed at all