• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Night and day?

V

Vic

Hi

Does anyone else feel terrible in the morning/middle of the day and then see the anxiety ease off in the evening?

Take today for example, I got myself so worked up this morning I rang my GP sobbing. Now I'm quite calm, and I know by 8pm I will feel relatively normal- then it all starts again tomorrow!

calypso

calypso

Admin
Are you sleeping well enough? I often find that if I haven't slept well I wake up exhausted but my biorhythms then help me bounce upwards later.

V

Vic

Are you sleeping well enough? I often find that if I haven't slept well I wake up exhausted but my biorhythms then help me bounce upwards later.
I try to get 7. 5/8 hours at least but I'm always so tired when anxiety hits regardless. I don't know if I just get overwhelmed by the thought of getting through the day when I wake up.

calypso

calypso

Admin
It could be that. Depression sometimes does this too but obviously I can't diagnose you but its worth thinking about. It often goes with anxiety. But otherwise I don't know the answer

N

natalie

I would return to your GP when you are as you put it normal, and mention, about Pregabalin, though it would take some time to kick in, or there is lorezapam, and either of these two meds are designed to help with anxieties. You might need to be on medication to help tackle or aid your anxieties. Are you particularly stressed or frazzled about something, if you are, that might interfere your anxious levels? Again, mention this aspects to your GP.

I wish you well.

Best regards.

V

Vic

I would return to your GP when you are as you put it normal, and mention, about Pregabalin, though it would take some time to kick in, or there is lorezapam, and either of these two meds are designed to help with anxieties. You might need to be on medication to help tackle or aid your anxieties. Are you particularly stressed or frazzled about something, if you are, that might interfere your anxious levels? Again, mention this aspects to your GP.

I wish you well.

Best regards.
I'm on Citalopram and propandol. They've doubled my dose from 20mg to 40mg of Citalopram a day now so hopefully that will kick in soon. I have GAD and an intense fear or the physical symptoms of anxiety, which makes them worse. I just find it fascinating that I can calm down at night but the days are so hard!

MoonChild84

MoonChild84

I've been struggling with this for 2 weeks now. I love the evenings, I am calm and relaxed and feel relatively "normal". Then when I wake up it's like I dread having to get through another day of anxiety. My issue is that I am constantly scared of something going wrong during the day (god knows what!), so starting a new day is real struggle as I fear what will happen. As the day goes on, and nothing bad happens, I begin to relax.

I've spoken to my GP about it this week and am getting some help!

V

Vic

I've been struggling with this for 2 weeks now. I love the evenings, I am calm and relaxed and feel relatively "normal". Then when I wake up it's like I dread having to get through another day of anxiety. My issue is that I am constantly scared of something going wrong during the day (god knows what!), so starting a new day is real struggle as I fear what will happen. As the day goes on, and nothing bad happens, I begin to relax.

I've spoken to my GP about it this week and am getting some help!
It feels so comforting knowing I'm not alone (although I'm sorry you have to go through it!). I find myself spending all morning/afternoon in a state of anxiety, feeling trapped for no reason and trying to find reasons mentally why I'm stressing, even though I know it's a disorder. It's just so unpleasant I'm desperate for it to fade, which makes me more upset.

F

F242

Hi

Does anyone else feel terrible in the morning/middle of the day and then see the anxiety ease off in the evening?

Take today for example, I got myself so worked up this morning I rang my GP sobbing. Now I'm quite calm, and I know by 8pm I will feel relatively normal- then it all starts again tomorrow!
For me it's the opposite. I feel more calm in the morning while at night, especially if I go out, my anxiety gets much worse.

MoonChild84

MoonChild84

It feels so comforting knowing I'm not alone (although I'm sorry you have to go through it!). I find myself spending all morning/afternoon in a state of anxiety, feeling trapped for no reason and trying to find reasons mentally why I'm stressing, even though I know it's a disorder. It's just so unpleasant I'm desperate for it to fade, which makes me more upset.
I feel trapped too. I feel really panicked and out of my depth pretty much all day until about 7pm when I have a bath, relax and then go to bed and read my book. Safe in the knowledge that the day has finished. I try and find reasons why I'm stressing but you're right, it's the anxiety disorder and it's just talking crap to you! It's really hard to break out of it. I try and stay in the moment if I can, and listen to some meditations. These help sometimes.

V

Vic

I feel trapped too. I feel really panicked and out of my depth pretty much all day until about 7pm when I have a bath, relax and then go to bed and read my book. Safe in the knowledge that the day has finished. I try and find reasons why I'm stressing but you're right, it's the anxiety disorder and it's just talking crap to you! It's really hard to break out of it. I try and stay in the moment if I can, and listen to some meditations. These help sometimes.
I could cry! I have an amazing partner and I usually take great comfort and joy in that aspect of my life but when I'm like this I feel alien to him and almost overwhelmed by pressure to feel love and happiness, which in turn makes me feel guilty! I've ordered a CBT book online to come this weekend so I can start doing practical things to shake myself out of this spell. I suppose we are lucky, at least we get some respite in the evening. Some people don't get any and I'm not sure I could cope with that.

MoonChild84

MoonChild84

I could cry! I have an amazing partner and I usually take great comfort and joy in that aspect of my life but when I'm like this I feel alien to him and almost overwhelmed by pressure to feel love and happiness, which in turn makes me feel guilty! I've ordered a CBT book online to come this weekend so I can start doing practical things to shake myself out of this spell. I suppose we are lucky, at least we get some respite in the evening. Some people don't get any and I'm not sure I could cope with that.
I know exactly how you feel and I'm so glad to have found someone else who feels like this! I think I might order a CBT book too. Which one did you go for? I'm also going to try and get some CBT sessions with a counselor because I can't go on like this. It's 3.30pm now which is also a really hard time as it's not quite through the day.

V

Vic

I know exactly how you feel and I'm so glad to have found someone else who feels like this! I think I might order a CBT book too. Which one did you go for? I'm also going to try and get some CBT sessions with a counselor because I can't go on like this. It's 3.30pm now which is also a really hard time as it's not quite through the day.
The Anxiety and Worry Workbook: The Cognitive Behavioral Solution: Amazon.co.uk: Clark, David A., Beck, Aaron T.: 9781606239186: Books I ordered this one. Last time I had a dip in Nov last year I printed off workbooks online but now we are still working from home I decided best to buy one. I think it helps, not only because CBT helps but because you feel proactive. I know you feel so isolated when you are anxious, I stare at people on telly and in the streets jealous I'm in so much turmoil wishing I was calm!

Last edited by a moderator:
MoonChild84

MoonChild84

The Anxiety and Worry Workbook: The Cognitive Behavioral Solution: Amazon.co.uk: Clark, David A., Beck, Aaron T.: 9781606239186: Books I ordered this one. Last time I had a dip in Nov last year I printed off workbooks online but now we are still working from home I decided best to buy one. I think it helps, not only because CBT helps but because you feel proactive. I know you feel so isolated when you are anxious, I stare at people on telly and in the streets jealous I'm in so much turmoil wishing I was calm!
Thanks for the book title I’m going to take a look. You’re right, just doing something helps! The morning is here again and I’m anxious. Hope you’re doing ok xxx

V

Vic

Tell me about it,
Thanks for the book title I’m going to take a look. You’re right, just doing something helps! The morning is here again and I’m anxious. Hope you’re doing ok xxx
Tell me about it, as soon as I wake up there's no going back to sleep. Tight chest, hot and cold flashes, feeling scared and overwhelmed--here we go again! But we can do it, just get through the day and we WILL feel better tonight. And eventually this dip will pass and the anxiety will be shorter and shorter. X