• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Nick

S

Solihull_boy:)

Please let me know about the meetings and what the content is.. anything that helps would be appreciated..

Best Regards and thanks

nickh

nickh

Founding Member
:) that would be a big topic Solihullboy.

Broadly I can break down the type of meetings/groups into 3 categories...

1.) Support Groups - these are basically people getting together for mutual support. The one I know most about (because I attend as does jd from here) is the Depression Support Group.

2.) Arts and Exercise groups - I am lumping these together to save space :). And the description is self-explanatory.

3.) Service User/campaigning groups - these are a wide range of groups which promote service user involvement, campaign for positive mental health, better services etc..

Are you interested in all 3? Can you make daytime meetings? (most meetings are in the day I'm afraid - I realised this when I was answering another enquiry).

The only Solihull specific group that I know of (which does not mean it is the only one!) is the sub-group of the PMHG which has been set up. I can try and find out the date of the next meeting of this if you are interested.

Best,

Nick.

S

Ace!!

Thanks Nick,

I am still at work but would get time off.

The exercise one I would not need, am fairly active.. but would appreciate the other 3...

Thank you... a relief to know there's some help out there. Are you attending any?

Thanks

nickh

nickh

Founding Member
By a slice of luck my calendar of events for July/August arrived this morning!

The next Solihull Sub-Group of the PMHG will be on Tuesday 15th July at 1.00 at The Manor House, 126 High St., Solihull. For an explanation of the PMHG see other threads with PMHG title but the Solihull Sub-Group (which I haven't been to although it is open to anyone in Birmingham too) would be smaller and friendlier. I can't make the 15th as I will be away that week but if people from here do start going then I would like to try and make a future meeting if anyone likes that idea? In any case it would be great if you and anyone else in Solihull could make the meeting on the 15th. I know Pete, who has set up the group on his own initiative, and he is a really nice guy and the sub-group deserves support.

Pete would probably also now about stuff in Solihull of which I am not aware.

I will try and go through the July/August calendar over the next couple of days and extract some events to post here. I may try and do a sticky of a couple of key groups.

But I thought I would do the Solihull sub-group right away.

Nick.

S

Thanks

I am at work but may well request this off.

nickh

nickh

Founding Member
Sure Pete would be delighted to see you Solihullboy. Let us know how it goes if you do manage to get along.

Nick.