• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Nice To Meet You

M

mark2006

Can I start by saying I am so pleased to find somewhere I can speak to other people who experienced what I have. My first real experience of hearing voices began in 2006, it started with buzzing in the ears when trying to sleep at night. This progressed to hearing very low voices to almost painful shouting and screaming 24 hours a day. Since 2008 I have managed to reduce the "volume" and hear the odd word or broken sentence, mostly in bed when there is no background noise.

parker

parker

Nice to meet you Too!:)

I actually had the buzzing sound come second, i actually heard music first (not of this world type, very beautiful sounding) then the buzzing, then the darn voices. loud like you say. luckly it stayed in the apartment i lived in at the time. The day i pissed it off is the day it followed me everywhere.:mad: (imagine me pissing something off:D)

Anyway welcome aboard!

Parker

T

Tim Norman

Parker.... how do you think you acomplished this reduction in volume ?? Was it medication, life changes, trying to think in a certain way... or just time ?

And hello to Mark.... I too hear screaming and loud voices of varying intensity 24 hours a day.

Also...there is a similar characteristic between your auditory problems and those I experience. It is the presence of external ambient noise that aggrivates or makes them louder/more noticable.

parker

parker

Parker.... how do you think you acomplished this reduction in volume ?? Was it medication, life changes, trying to think in a certain way... or just time ?
Each time a person succumbs to the voices influence, its source gains power. The reverse applies, and each time the voices influence is resisted its source loses power. I’m a true believer in this philosophy.