• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

nice people (grateful)

bluelives911

bluelives911

I havent been here long in the forums but i have to say there seems to be a lot of thoughtful people , its nice to know that i have a place to go where others understand what im going through.

Coop

T

TearyEyedx

It’s made a massive change in my life because I hadn’t reached out before on social media because I was scared of being bullied but I got nothing but support. I’m very grateful I found this forum and I hope it stays this way.

bluelives911

bluelives911

It’s made a massive change in my life because I hadn’t reached out before on social media because I was scared of being bullied but I got nothing but support. I’m very grateful I found this forum and I hope it stays this way.
Good for you , no one should be bullied i am happy for truly happy for you life changing stuff can be so refreshing.

Rich

W

Weeping_Willow

Places like this are so important. People who do not have OCD will never understand. Struggling more than ever right now and even though I have a loving family there is always the burden of guilt put on you as they lose their patience very quickly and it is always about how good everyone is being to deal with me.
Lately have tried to tell them quite how close to breaking point I am but they have not once said that they are sorry I am burdened with this. The thing is my Dad is 89 and so I moved to my sister's for a while and he has had a hard time dealing with how much stress I was putting my mum and him under.
He is very stressed even when I am not there and I understand how dangerous this is for him at this age and have said countless times how sorry I am and how much I care but they act like I don't know as I still have OCD and am really bad at the moment and when I have said that I am suffering the answer wasn't 'we are sorry that you aren' t doing well but 'so is Dad' like I don't know and was somehow saying that my suffering is more important.

The reason I am in this situation is because I live in the US usually and came over for a months long visit like a do every couple of years but Covid triggered me more and then I saw an employee at Asda stack berad on the floor which I had bought so thought my bread was likely on the floor too and so all the groceries in my parents' felt contaminated so I was asking my mum to tip stuff out and wash hands as she cooked. It was a lot.

I understand why people attempt sui ide without wanting to end their life just so people will actually understand how bad they feel.
I am not going to try anything like that myself but feeling unheard is very difficult. People aays think about how it is affecting them but we with OCD have the burden of how it is affecting us along with the guilt of how much work we are from others. Maybe for once if they could realise that a few weeks of helping someone with OCD is a lot easier than suffering from it yourself as they can wipe something or do something but they don't have the debilitating anxiety that goes along with it and they can move on and do something without having to deal with the thoughts.
I feel terrible for people with a non-brain physical illness and would not want that instead, but can you imagine if they treated people with a physical illness with the same guilt and disdane. I have had people sabotage me at places like work. Imagine if someone kicked someone's walking stick out from them at work? Or if people were told just stop limping for once will you?

I am not selfish and feel much guilt as possible but it would be nice to get some genuine sympathy and understand but mental illness is so difficult for people to understand which is why being here on forums like this can be so important.