Next Steps- Depression

N

nick2210

Hello,
So this is for my girlfriend who has depression. She also struggles with image issues and family separation. I am not too familiar with mental health as she has been my first experience with it. I have supported her and happily motivate her but she's been struggling with it for a few years and is on medication. She has seen professional help in the past but refuses to do so now. I'm not sure what else I can do to continue help and encourage her. I hate seeing her upset and not being able to do more. Any advice, suggestions, or ideas would be extremely helpful.

Last edited:
Mayflower7

Mayflower7

Hi,
It sounds like she needs to see her dr for a medication review and or a referral for counselling or CBT.
Try to encourage her to go.
She shouldn't have to struggle.
Your doing all the right things supporting her.
Welcome to the forum
Take care

H

h.elena

just how eager you are to understand more about what she's going through must be very comforting for her, it shows how much you want to see her well, it's very sweet. But depression is a very internal and personal issue, the external factors in our lives may help us get through the day but they won't give us ALL the motivation we need, in the end i believe the real "cure" (if there is one) is in being at peace with ourselves, and grateful for what we have (i guess... i've been depressed for a while so i don't know exactly how to get out of this). But having people around me really caring for my well being and researching/looking to understand is something i'm very grateful for, so trust me you're doing plenty.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Depression Forum 5