• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

Next life

B

Blues47

Anyone hate life so much that you mostly think about your next life? I don't talk about depression but one of my giveaways is that instead of talking about my future I often refer to my next life. 'In my next life I'd like to...etc.' It least I did when I still talked to people. I really do think there is a next life...not directly connected to this one, more of a recycled consciousness. It's not a source of comfort either, having to start over and go to school again and re-learn everything in this day and age.

Tawny

Tawny

Forum Guide
I think of the afterlife often but that seems as frightening as this life sometimes

I don't believe in reincarnation thankfully my religion says this is the one shot. I would be gutted if i had to go through this again ;)

M

matt42069

Anyone hate life so much that you mostly think about your next life? I don't talk about depression but one of my giveaways is that instead of talking about my future I often refer to my next life. 'In my next life I'd like to...etc.' It least I did when I still talked to people. I really do think there is a next life...not directly connected to this one, more of a recycled consciousness. It's not a source of comfort either, having to start over and go to school again and re-learn everything in this day and age.
Cant tell u enough how much of my time i spend thinking about that . Every time i think of happinees im thinking about next life cause i lost all hope ill experience it anymore , but still i have to stay alive for my closed ones , because i already caused them much pain , dissapointment and they didnt deserve to experience that kind of pain .

LORD BURT

LORD BURT

I feel folk with mental health issues often see life thru a pained lens.

Life is pretty good on the whole if one has an attitude of gratitude.

Food and drink is amazing, so much better than 100 years ago.

There are lots of positives, sometimes we need to dial down our expectations and appreciate the small stuff.

JessisMe

JessisMe

I think of a next life some too especially when I am faced with situations I cannot change like my level of attractiveness or ability to interact well with other people. I think to myself maybe in my next life this or that will be different and it does bring me a sense of comfort. Anyway it’s nice to dream. 😊 xo, j

Gershwin

Gershwin

ACCOUNT CLOSED
This life would have been pretty good all things considered. My next life will be more difficult with less blessings. If only we were born with knowledge we could prepare ourselves for life and protect it.

A

Alexander Ypsilantis

There are lots of positives, sometimes we need to dial down our expectations and appreciate the small stuff.
What you say is true, of course. We have much to be thankful for, most of us.

But, the really unfortunate thing about MH issues is you tend to be a 'glass half empty' kind of person, without even recognizing it. I know I do, when something goes wrong I feel put-upon and discouraged. Some of that is probably genetic, some of it is our upbringing. I often feel things are never going to get better, my life is going to continue being an endless slog with little joy and a lot of disappointment and discouragement.

Hopefully as we get past this pandemic things will start to open back up and the diversions that some of us had-like volunteering-will return. I volunteered at a pet rescue group as well as a group which prepared food for those less fortunate. When I can divert my attention to doing things like that, I don't feel as sorry for myself.

B

Blues47

Well if I feel that way in my next life I won't be hanging out in a depression forum on a mental health site, that's for sure.

I

Ian Haines

I've gone through half a century of utter Hell, at times, during that period. I know that, because I came through so many other times, I'll come through to better times, again, during this life time! I'm not buried, yet, so I intend to keep trying.

I think of how far down I was when I was at my worst, and how much better my life actually is, now, I know something better will come again, but...I'm also one of those who finds it hard to remain in touch with that confidence.

A worn out mind and body leave little room for future happy plans and thoughts. But, every down was followed by an up, eventually, so I think I'll stick around and wait the bad ones out.

If you can plan your next life, do you suppose you might be better employed planning the rest of this one?

L

Ladyfair

I'm afraid to die but some days I wish I hadn't woken up.