• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Newcomer

T

Talbot

Hello today I joined your forum because I'm struggling with depression and am slowly getting worse . I have not found anything that helps and am still trying to find a suitable medication that works as none have at this time
I'm 46 and have had issues of drug addiction in the past which I think is part of my depression I've been clean for 13 years and off all medication for the drugs I've not had medicine for that for 8 years so I do not do drugs at all that's a life I wish to forget it makes me shudder when I think k of it .
So anyway my anxiety and depression also ocd is the real demon it's becoming a living nightmare my quality of life is no where to be seen
I isolate myself from everyone and I love my family so much I want to be the old me who was always the one who wanted to have fun but now I'm screaming inside but putting on a face to everyone else
Can anyone help or relate to me and what are you do7ng to help yourself..

Anime-Alchemy

Anime-Alchemy

Hello Talbot, welcome to the forums.

Kabuki

Kabuki

Radio Rentals - just left of Fraggle Rock!
Peace and hello! I'm new here, if I may, I would like to suggest a couple of coping skills; if you are in a state of panic whereby your physiology is being affected; sweaty palms, feeling hot, shortness of breath, pains in the chest, breath in for 8 seconds then exhale for 7 or whatever count is comfortable for you. After a minute you will notice that your heart rate will normalise and you will feel much more stable. Another technique you could try for when Guerrilla warfare starts up in your head practice going to your happy place, the place where you have been in the past or the present where you feel comfortable, it could be anything or anywhere, it's your place. If you can do that and feel somewhat stable, then there. Try these things anyway and see how you get on. 😊