• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Newby

L

loonatoon

hey my name's Bex

This is pretty hard for me to do. I've recently gone to the drs about depression as I have noticed myself go into a big black hole recently and negative thoughts wont stop whizzing around in my head.

I've been doing alot of reading over the subject as I didnt really know what I have got, but I know its not normal as Ive started avoiding friends, thinking of suicide, doing impulsive things like running up 15k on credit cards, quitting my job in a recession, then buying a mini on finance.....

saying that outloud has just made me realise i need an answer

somedays im so happy and i can see things in a positive light, im inspired by my friends who exercise regularly and take me swimming with them. I even make plans to go to the cinema or go for lunch....

other nights like this im sat here thinking nobody understands, my friends just think 'everyone has their down days' and ill snap out of it. i feel so lost and i dont know where to go.

am i being over dramatic? is this depression or could it be bipolar?
if anyone wants to chat, that would be great

Bex X

iffybob

iffybob

Hi loonatoon

Welcome here.......

You do sound that you need help, and you have already gone to see your doc, thats good, did they offer you anything other than pills..?, if not go back and tell them what you have said here and ask to be put on the list to speek to some one.

I dont think you are being dramatic, but dont start to put lables on yourself, sorting the probs is more important.

If it helps print what you have posted here and take it with you...

Take care ....... boB ........:)

H

huggybear65

You sound a lot like me,I am very good at what I do,but when I am down it is crippling,I think your condition needs further investigation ,don't be fobbed off with just antidepressants,tell your GP you need to find the root cause.
Hugs Carl

P

polly143

hiya
you sound like me too and in january i should finally be diagnosed ive waited 4 years for an answer i know im not depressed just tell your gp you feel its more than depression and be honest about how you really feel it took me a long time to open and now there listening to me.:hug:

L

loonatoon

hey to all, thanks for the replies.

I think I will need to print off what I have said because when im doing fine I almost forget what its like to be down and going to talk to a stranger about it would be bizarre.

I just can't beleive how my mood can just switch suddenly. the nights are the worst! It's got to be more than depression. I feel guilty for feeling so negatively at times when from the outside I have the perfect life, a job, a family, friends. I should be greatful and not wanting to end it all in the dark moments.

I hope you are all doing as well as you possibly can and are getting the answers you all need.

Bex X

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Introduce Yourself 4
W Introduce Yourself 101
K Introduce Yourself 5
N Introduce Yourself 2
B Introduce Yourself 3