• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

Newby

G

green man

Hi Folks
I am sure that I belong right there. For a while, I thought it was simple PTSD and I was haunting another forum. Then I got talking about nightmares with some folks. It seems that simple PTSD folks have nightmares were are very specific about their trauma. For example, war vets nm are about the shooting, bombing, etc. Rape victims will focus on that trauma. Whereas my nightmares are about violent women, persecution, human hunting, being hunters by wild animals etc. Then I left the simple PTSD forum as I could see it was not that. Then I read about complex and it all fitted in.

Inability to concentrate, nightmares, relationship issues, and trust issues[which I have always had]. Then there is the weird stuff like derealisation.

So, I bought The Compex PTSD workbook by Arielle Schwartz. I am interested in what is written there regarding chronically low levels of corisols in the bloodstream p35. I am aiming to prove this as a means to get some help. It can only help once it is a proven fact that you have this too.

Take care out there.

2Much2Feel

Hey, and welcome. I hope you get some good advice and can "let it out" here.

I get nightmares all the time from an assault, always a man w no face attacking me. It makes it hard to want to go to sleep at night. Just brushed the assault under the rug and apparently it is coming back to roost.

Anyway, I'll have to read up on this Complex PTSD, am not able to offer anything there as I've not heard about it, but can totally relate to nightmares, relationship issues, and trust. Good for you for getting on it and starting the workbook. Sounds like you're taking the right steps. Again, I hope you find this forum helpful, that others can relate and offer their experiences.

R

Rarepixy

Hi Folks
I am sure that I belong right there. For a while, I thought it was simple PTSD and I was haunting another forum. Then I got talking about nightmares with some folks. It seems that simple PTSD folks have nightmares were are very specific about their trauma. For example, war vets nm are about the shooting, bombing, etc. Rape victims will focus on that trauma. Whereas my nightmares are about violent women, persecution, human hunting, being hunters by wild animals etc. Then I left the simple PTSD forum as I could see it was not that. Then I read about complex and it all fitted in.

Inability to concentrate, nightmares, relationship issues, and trust issues[which I have always had]. Then there is the weird stuff like derealisation.

So, I bought The Compex PTSD workbook by Arielle Schwartz. I am interested in what is written there regarding chronically low levels of corisols in the bloodstream p35. I am aiming to prove this as a means to get some help. It can only help once it is a proven fact that you have this too.

Take care out there.

R

Rarepixy

Hi there I was told to reach out to you. As I also have complex ptsd. So hi

G

green man

Hi Rarepixy
It seems as your diagnosis is confirmed. Mine is not. I gave up on the psychologists. I had to wait for an age [6 months or more]. I guess there have more people to see. I am 65 and I do not need a diagnosis. I have also had a stroke. Nice to cyber-meet you.

G

green man

[QUOTE="SeattleBP1, post: 2497902, member: 101450

I get nightmares all the time from an assault, always a man w no face attacking me. [/QUOTE]

Hi SeattleBP1. Interesting that in your nightmare you have a faceless man assaulting you. I have an experience similar to that. It's a long story which I shall go into later.

Washington State is a beautiful place to be. Rivers and snowy mountains. Wish I was there !