• Share. Be Supported. Recover.

We are a friendly, safe community supporting each other's mental health. We are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.

newby

L

leanne

hello all, i wanted to come on this forum because even though i have been diagnosed with mental problems, i have never sought help for my substance abuse as i guess im in denial, but i've been abusing alcohol and cannabis for years, and use both on a daily basis. do you think i have a prob if i feel in control of it....? thanks.

J

jamesdean

Hi leanne other people will tell you you are never in control of either, I smoked canabis for ten years like cigarettes its disgusting. You think you are:cool:but honestly I thought I would smoke it forever but I dont miss it at all, I dont hardly drink @ all now n though I wasnt an alcholic I did have a big drink problem. Again just by posing the question you are in fact questioning these activities

T

Twylight

It is proven that cannabis counteracts anti-psychotics.

I gave it up for six months last year over the summer
The summer was wet. but I was reading Harry Potter
I haven't given it up this summer, because I can't get out on the Mountain bike( wet ), and I haven't got a good book.

cannabis took a hold in the UK during the eighties, when there was four million unemployed - it was and still is a cheaper alternative to alcohol - the children of these smokers have carried it on.

I live alone and all my family are in Australia - if I didn't go to the Pub 2/3 times a week, I wouldn't talk to anyone.

I know that I can give up cannabis, if I can find a project - it's not a problem!

L

leanne

hi twylight and thanks for the reply, i have smoked it for about 12 years but not constantly, there have been times when i have gace it up for 8-9 months at a time, i know not to smoke it when im feeling really low as i think it just enhances your mood, but i am smoking it on a daily basis at the moment, it's not making me lazy though, i still get up and go work and take care of my house so im not really worried yet..
thanks mate.
take care..