• Welcome! It’s great to see you. Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

newby

L

leanne

hello all, i wanted to come on this forum because even though i have been diagnosed with mental problems, i have never sought help for my substance abuse as i guess im in denial, but i've been abusing alcohol and cannabis for years, and use both on a daily basis. do you think i have a prob if i feel in control of it....? thanks.

J

jamesdean

Hi leanne other people will tell you you are never in control of either, I smoked canabis for ten years like cigarettes its disgusting. You think you are:cool:but honestly I thought I would smoke it forever but I dont miss it at all, I dont hardly drink @ all now n though I wasnt an alcholic I did have a big drink problem. Again just by posing the question you are in fact questioning these activities

T

Twylight

It is proven that cannabis counteracts anti-psychotics.

I gave it up for six months last year over the summer
The summer was wet. but I was reading Harry Potter
I haven't given it up this summer, because I can't get out on the Mountain bike( wet ), and I haven't got a good book.

cannabis took a hold in the UK during the eighties, when there was four million unemployed - it was and still is a cheaper alternative to alcohol - the children of these smokers have carried it on.

I live alone and all my family are in Australia - if I didn't go to the Pub 2/3 times a week, I wouldn't talk to anyone.

I know that I can give up cannabis, if I can find a project - it's not a problem!

L

leanne

hi twylight and thanks for the reply, i have smoked it for about 12 years but not constantly, there have been times when i have gace it up for 8-9 months at a time, i know not to smoke it when im feeling really low as i think it just enhances your mood, but i am smoking it on a daily basis at the moment, it's not making me lazy though, i still get up and go work and take care of my house so im not really worried yet..
thanks mate.
take care..