• Welcome! It’s great to see you.

If you'd like to talk with people who know what it's like

Our forum members are people, maybe like yourself, who experience mental health difficulties or who have had them at some point in their life.

M

mandyj

Hi All, just had find a way of helping myself and thought this was a good place to start. It is good to know I am not alone, and hope that someone can offer me some comfort.
I am going through anxiety hell at the moment. I have suffered from anxiety and depression for as long as I can remember, I am now 48 and just wish it would go away.
I have had a big operation 2 weeks ago, the first 5 days out of hosp was fine, then I woke the next day with the big black cloud and has been with me ever since. I am so low, crying all the time, not eating and have no energy to do anything. I had an infection when I came out so been on 2 lots of anitibiotics (last lot today).
Been told that the op and meds are prob contributing to the way I feel, as Im prone to feeling low. I am trying to tell myself that it is normal to feel this way after an op, but it doesnt help when the pit of my stomache want to come out of my mouth.

I have taking many od's in the past, although I do not feel suicidal, the thought of just not having to feel this anxiety anymore is appealing. I just want to go to sleep and not feel it anymore. Sorry if this sounds depressing to anyone but just dont know what to do. I have been on antidepressents for around 15yrs, Mirtazapine, and find these the best out of all the others that I have tried as I am able to sleep with them.
Thank you for taking the time to read this post and would be grateful for any feeback.:(

M

mandyj

Thank you for your reply Simonb. The answer is yes, quite a few years ago though, very intense, but it was me who had to do all the talking, it didnt really help. I would love to be in some kind of group where people can relate to how one feels, do they exist? Im either high or low, when Im high it feels like I dont need any help, then when Im low, its like Im desperate for it! Does that make sense. Simon do you think I need to move my post to the anxiety forum, rather then 'introduce yourself', or should I just post again. I even cried when I didnt get any response from my post, pretty desperate eh!!